Pick your favourite April Fools joke

By on April 1, 2004, 2:37 PM

StormBringer said:
And I've been thinking all day that [url=http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/two-headed-og
e.shtml]this[/url] and [url=http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/goblintinker.shtml]t
is[/url] were Blizzard's big jokes this year. The whole .999~ =1 thing is a bit disappointing as a prank, Blizzard is usually much more creative than that.
---agissi--- said:
I thought the best was "Doom 3 - In stores tomorrow!"that or googles 1GB per inbox BS.[b]I WANT A GOBLIN TINKER! They should really have that! LOOKS SWEET![/b]"Half-Life 2 to Use Serious Engine 2.0." is pretty funny though, just because the site the news was posted on :D
MrGaribaldi said:
I like one of the jokes that was put on norwegian radio news.Limit yourself to watching only two channels (on state financed), and you can buy a top-of-the-line tv for 1 NOK (that's 1/6 $). Quite a few fell for that.Another one, which I fell for, was that the EU was to add postage to email, and not 0.01$, but 0.1 - 0.2$ per email! It was a norwegian hardware site behind it, and they'd put up a new domain for it... Storm, I actually thought the two-headed ogre was quite funny.
StormBringer said:
MrGaribaldi said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by StormBringer [/i]I thought it was funny as well, and quite a creative joke. Problem is, they are apparently not a joke. I mean, what logic puts two players controlling a single character. And, The Goblin Tinker and his army of mechanical sheep?!?! [/quote] Well, if it isn't a joke 8) I hope the players choosing that option get's a discount! Otherwise, you'd be stuck with a char that would be seriously limited compared to others.And whatever happened to the Ogre Mage which let one of the heads take full control? (If they're going to stick to the story from WC2)The tinkerer isn't that bad imo, as I'm sure they've given it drawbacks due to the sheep strength... Oh, well... It's not like I care too much, since I don't play, nor plan on playing, any MMORPGs.
StormBringer said:
If you check the Blizzard site again, you'll see that they have announced that all three were jokes, the .999~ =1, the two-headed ogre, and the Goblin Tinker(and his legions of mechanical sheep)
somekid007 said:
i got duck taped to a chair by my "friends" yesterday after first class. then 5 of them tried carry me from the 3rd floor to my next class on the second floor on the opposite side of the school before they dropped me on the stairs
MrGaribaldi said:
Storm, they sure were slow to update that page... But still a fun joke :)sk007, how nice of them... But look on the bright side, at least they tried to carry you around so you wouldn't have to walk ;) :D
somekid007 said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by MrGaribaldi [/i]sk007, how nice of them... But look on the bright side, at least they tried to carry you around so you wouldn't have to walk ;) :D [/quote] Yes, did i mention to you how each of them were complainign how *FAT* i was?
MrGaribaldi said:
Hmm...How about next year, going with a divers belt full of lead?Then they'll [i]really[/i] have to work :D