Spider-Man 2 Game Ships 2 Million Copies

By Derek Sooman on July 7, 2004, 2:04 PM
Just earlier today we were following a review of Spiderman2 the game, which had not a great deal good to say about the game.

However, it looks like Activision is still shipping a healthy volume of copies of the game.

"While Activision's release announced units shipped not units sold, analysts had predicted the game to be a standout during the characteristically slow summer months. The game probably owes some of its success to the film's phenomenal showing in theaters this past weekend. Spider-Man 2 the movie broke box-office records by raking in $40.4 million on opening day and $115.8 million over the weekend. The previous record was set by Spider-Man in 2002."

Has anyone actually played this game, and can they confirm whether its just a load of pants cashing in on the release of the movie, or whether its actually worth playing?

shaolinsteez said:
The console versions are decent. The PC version on the other hand, is a piece of dung.
Phantasm66 said:
Dung? Could you elaborate?I am dying to know what's bad about this game.
Unregistered said:
The PC version was made to be kiddy, I am not sure why they desided to make a completely differently game for PC and have the console versions have the adult/teen versions, but this is how it went down.
Federelli said:
Gamespot has a great review which says it all
vassil3427 said:
The xbox version is sweet, where I work the console versions have been selling out fast!
(=DoM=) said:
Why dont people read reviews before they buy s**t games, "The Sims" anyone?
Nic said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by (=DoM=) [/i]Why dont people read reviews before they buy s**t games, "The Sims" anyone? [/quote]"The Sims" is a hit with female gamers (or those that like watching soaps/big brother, etc.). Girls see it a replacement for their barbie doll/wendy house (apparently).Any blokes playing it?
BrownPaper said:
Yeah all i see is girls playing that game. I was at my relatives house and that is all they play.
---agissi--- said:
Funny thing, all my guy friends play it :D :D HAHAHA lmao jk :D wow why the hell would i say that
Rick said:
OH COME ON..... We've all played The SimsŪ for at least 10 minutes in an unsuccessful attempt to get in bed with the cute neighbor. :O
---agissi--- said:
Thats what I thought Rick.. its like everyone played the Sims!But honest to god, I never had played it.. it was UT.[b]Live to BurnBurn to Live[/b]
Phantasm66 said:
I must admit, the movie looks cool.I have no intention of buying (or anything else ;) ) the game.
---agissi--- said:
Same here P66, I figure the game is pretty bad, most games after movies are :p They gotta rush it out for the movie deadline.
Rory7 said:
Bit of topic, but with what agissi is saying, its such a shame EA managed to wreck LOTR into a short half action game that gets boring after one go, what a trilogy of fims too...such a shame.