Google Adds Features To Gmail

By Derek Sooman on July 20, 2004, 11:48 AM
Google: Our free e-mail is better than yours!
Microsoft: No, our free e-mail is better than yours!
Google: No, OUR free e-mail is better than YOURS....

Pressured by the ramifications of such battles, Google has brought in some new features to add to its free mail. The ability to import contacts, signature options and "safari" browser support have all been added in.

On a somewhat related note, Google who acquired Picasa last week is now giving away the digital photo application for free.

SOB said:
loaded up, oops, not better than my ACDC photo software, unistalled, curiosity quashed.
DigitAlex said:
I didnt know ACDC recycled themselves into software making LOL
SOB said:
yeah baby! actually i guess it's acdsee. get it! it's ACD Systems in reality. i got it w/ my new pentax optio 43 WR. what got me was that they were filmimg salmon swiming up to camera while it was underwater! 3"x3" in size, all the bells and whistles for 299 in 4 megapixel and 199 for 3 megapixel. this is the baddest little digital i've seen. sorry for skating off the subject, just a little enthused i guess.
DigitAlex said:
I know that, just feeling like writing that silly post
SOB said:
the obvious, i'd do the same to you. lol! i could film: smoke on the water, w/ this camera ;)
Federelli said:
Where are these new features? i can't find em on my account
---agissi--- said:
Look at the top right hand corner of your screen when your in your account, you'll see " | New Features! | " in a offset color, and it tells you them there.Im super happy now, it was cheese to import my addy book :D
Federelli said:
it's not there... probably due to time difference??