Internet Predicted to Melt Down by Mid-day

By on August 25, 2004, 3:49 AM
According to a Russian news site, Kaspersky Labs states that terrorists will launch attacks which will paralyze the Internet this Thursday.

I'm holding off my bets through, I think this will be a day just like every other on the internet. Source: [URL=http://isc.sans.org/]Internet Storm Center[/URL]

You can keep track of the status of a few key routers on the Internet at [URL=http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm]Internet Traffic Report[/URL], the only sight of problem is at Sri Lankan but that was due to a [URL=Sri Lankan port of Colombo]very different cause[/URL].

SNGX1275 said:
Well my download from [url]www.csrees.usda.gov[/url] is slower than I could retype the 20 some pages I'm trying to download (rtf format). Other than that things seem normal to me.But you said Thursday, and today is just Wednesday.
StormBringer said:
"a russian news site" I must have missed the link where they pointed to the original story on that Russian site. Also, Kaspersky's site seems to have nothing on this either. So forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical.
SNGX1275 said:
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news%3ftmpl=story%26cid=1738
26ncid=1212%26e=10%26u=/zd/20040824/tc_zd/133957[/url]That is an article I found
StormBringer said:
hmm, yahoo couldn't find that page
Per Hansson said:
I think this is just bogs, it's not that easy to take down the internet... Maybe parts of the DNS service but to actually flood all parts of the internet so there no longer is no working communication would be very difficult.
SNGX1275 said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by SNGX1275 [/i]Well my download from [url]www.csrees.usda.gov[/url] is slower than I could retype the 20 some pages I'm trying to download (rtf format). [/quote] Update: I waited about 30 minutes and all was good.[quote][i]Originally posted by StormBringer [/i]hmm, yahoo couldn't find that page [/quote] lol. I just saw it was linked on fark so I figured I'd paste it here.
aoj145 said:
Here's more info:[url]http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/52787[/url]Just looks the news (as usual) misquoted someone and sensationalized a story (like that never happens).I bet tomorrow CNN anounces that there's a new virus or windows flaw. :P
Phantasm66 said:
No, the terrorists are in fact in league with aliens. They plan to strike from space.
Unregistered said:
EVERYBODY PANIC!!!
Strakian said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Phantasm66 [/i]They plan to strike from space. [/quote] Where'd you build that Death Star THIS time you mechanical force frreak!! :D
MYOB said:
Hrm, its now midday CET. Still working fine here, though Apples site is a bit slow to respondThe government networks here are still as snappy as ever (I'm on a 512K VPN link). Though I think that might be helped by how much of Ireland (and hence EU-American link) backbone the state owns through HEANet :-)
$oulo said: