Half Life 2 on sale in US on November 23rd?

By Derek Sooman on October 4, 2004, 11:50 AM
Hmm... now, haven't we all heard this one before? Certainly we have. After disappointment after disappointment, I am not sure I believe anything to do with HL2 until I actually see the boxes on the shelves of stores. However, according to Tomshardware, the release date for HL2 has been set for November. Valve have apparently released their code to VU, and according to a recent report, HL2 will be on sale in the US on November 23rd of this year. Yeah, sure. I will believe it when I have that rocket launcher in my "hands".

MrGaribaldi said:
That day has also been mentioned by several other sites, many of them with different sources..You can read more about that [url=http://www.halflife2.net/]here[/url] (scroll down to the heading "Unconfirmed release date")
Unregistered said:
"Artificial Intelligence can never replace Human Stupidity"Human Stupidity is Artificial Intelligencefrom DW UK
Unregistered said:
Ooooo I can't wait.
werty316 said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Unregistered [/i]Ooooo I can't wait. [/quote] What he said.
TS | Thomas said:
Guess I may finally be in danger of placing an order for it ;)
Mictlantecuhtli said:
[url=http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=325]H
lf-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday[/url][quote][i]October 6, 2004, 2:30 pm valve[/i]Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.For more detailed information, please visit [url=www.steampowered.com]www.steampowered.com[/url].[/quote
MrGaribaldi said:
WoW! That's what I get for being a good student and not checking this site as often as I should... I wonder what this means for the Vivendi/VUG vs Valve case.... Will we see a boxed version one of these days, or have Valve decided to ****** Vivendi?(Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but I'm reading back to front...)
MrGaribaldi said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli [/i][url=http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=
25]Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday[/url] [/quote] A quick visit to GameSpot answered by question:[quote]Valve has announced that online orders for Half-Life 2 via the developer's Steam downloading service have begun. [i]While the oft-delayed first-person shooter still [b]does not have a concrete release date[/b], those who order the game will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. [/i]That game's beta has now officially[/quote]Read the full story [url=http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/06/news_6109847.ht
l]here[/url]...But it's a somewhat nice deal for the customers. You pre-order HL2 now, and get to play CS:Source immediately... Though you'd better hope that that game doesn't get a 6 months wait because of the lawsuit...