Half Life 2: Gone Gold

By on October 16, 2004, 5:19 PM
Update: It's now official, Half-Life 2 has gone gold (thanks Steg).

It's now nearly official, neither Valve nor VU Games would comment on the topic but the word is out already, the long awaited Half-Life 2 has gone gold.

Earlier today, GameSpot learned from a locally based source that "the piñata has been broken" and the game has gone gold. Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game."

Julio said:
review [url]http://aaltonen.us/archive/2004/10/03/news-half-life-2-
eview/[/url]
jstillion said:
lol, I've been so jaded about HL2 coming out that I won't believe it until I see a physical box on the shelf’s :)
Tarkus said:
I downloaded a locked copy of HL2 with Valve's Steam client. I paid for it last week and am anxiously awaiting it's official release so my copy will be activated.you can get steam here[url=http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteam
ow]Get Steam Now![/url]
Astro said:
I bought my Radeon 9600XT last December on the assumption that HL2 would be coming out no later than April. Well, that never happened. Plus, this Radeon has a nasty bug where half the time you start the computer, the monitor turns on but it's just a black (blank) screen while the PC boots up. It's the card not the monitor, because I've tested other monitors. Oh, and here's the real deal - the fan on the Radeon card no longer works. Discovered that this weekend. Now I'm getting it ready to ship off to ATi for warranty service.I was formerly very loyal to ATi in the past as this was my fourth ATi video card purchase. This experience will have me switching to nvidia the next time around. That, and the whole HL2 giveaway fiasco. So from my situation, you can see why I could care less about when HL2 comes out now.
BOOGIE said:
This game has to be better that the over-hyped Doom. Can't wait. Oh and Astro....6800GT is a sweet card. =]
Astro said:
Yeah I'm sure it is but I just don't feel like ever spending more than $200 on a video card. The US$199 price is my sweet spot.
Steg said:
*AHEM* It is now OFFICAL![url]http://www.vugames.com/news_story.do?storyId=19
3[/url][quote]LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) – Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life® ,2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.[/quote]I can't wait!Steg