Microsoft gives developers a glimpse of Avalon
- Although the next version of Windows is still about two years from release, Microsoft on Friday offered developers an early look at the new graphics engine that will accompany it.
First Look: IPod Brings Music to Your Photos
- Apple's latest offers a brilliant color screen and photo capabilities, but the price is high.
Internet Porn: Worse than Crack?
Witnesses before the Senate Commerce Committee's Science, Technology and Space Subcommittee spared no superlative in their description of the negative effects of pornography.
Many still await MSN, Yahoo e-mail upgrades
- Microsoft and Yahoo have promised to boost storage limits for their free e-mail services, but for many users, the upgrades haven't been delivered.
Half-Life 2 in HDTV
- It's the holy grail for many of us: big-screen gaming.
How the Grinch spammed Christmas
- Computer security firm says 90 percent of all e-mail will be spam; offers tips to avoid trouble.
Half Life 2 GPU Roundup Part 2
- Mainstream DX8/DX9 Battle - The golden rule of Half Life 2 is this – regardless of what sort of graphics card you have (within reason), the game will run well, but at varying levels of image quality.
Business leaders respect Gates
- Microsoft again came second only to General Electric as the world's most respected company among chief executives.