Half Life 2 deathmatch, anyone?

By Derek Sooman on December 1, 2004, 10:17 AM
A news story posted in Bluesnews.com indicated that several new developments were on their way for HL2 from Steam. They would be correcting a "sound stuttering bug" which was the result of texture thrashing on your video card or AGP memory. They also promised to release the Source SDK. And, they also promised a surprise.

That surprise turns out to be... drum roll... Half Life 2 deathmatch! The Steam forum had this post on the subject, along with a teaser image.

Phantasm66 said:
If anyone works out what the flying toilet is all about, please write in and let us know.
Supra said:
Supra said:
PS. I can only get the second link in the news story to work. All the others bring up an invalid thread link.
Phantasm66 said:
Yeah I am looking at that link problem now, those are the correct links when I open them in a browser they do work, but they don't work if embedded in the code of the news post. I have also asked for Julio to have a look as well. You can follow the news links if you copy them into the clipboard and then remove the techspot bit at the start and then paste the URL into a browser, at least that works for me anyway.
Phantasm66 said:
[b]Originally posted by Supra:[/b][quote]Ripping toilets off the wall and throwing them at enemies with the gravity gun is sweet. Dont know how much damage they cause in deathmatch but they definetly kill enemies in the regular game.[/quote]You must have more time on your hands than me, I have not got to any bit in the game that does that yet. Wow that does sound cool.[Edited by Phantasm66 on 2004-12-01 14:52:44]
Julio said:
The link error has now been fixed.