Apple has released a new software update for its latest Mac OS X, also known as 'Tiger'. The 10.4.2 Update
delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X 10.4 and is recommended for all users. You have two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.2: Use Software Update or the standalone installer
(only one needed), the latter is recommended if you have to update more than one machine (thanks to our friends at Neowin for the plug).
Here's a short list that includes most major fixes, a more detailed list
is also available.
- File sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- Single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers
- Autologin for managed user accounts
- AirPort and wireless access
- Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Finder updates including finding on Kind and using Slideshow
- Synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac
- Installation reliability
- Managing Dashboard widgets
- Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, and Stickies applications
- Compatibility with third party applications and devices