Mozilla Firefox 1.5 tweak guide @ TechSpot

By on December 9, 2005, 5:08 AM
Mozilla Firefox is a great Internet browser, applauded by users and critics alike for its features, performance, usability, customisation and security. Firefox 1.5 builds on Firefox 1.x by adding an integrated auto-update system, improved pop-up blocker and improved standards support, not to mention thousands of bug fixes.

This updated guide will take you through all that Firefox 1.5 has to offer covering the options menu, about:config preferences, CSS, extensions and more.

Read the complete Firefox guide here.

samstoned said:
this should be spread around more ,I think people are missing out on how much you can change the settings and look of firefox with the about :config window
bandrp said:
firefox is awesome! the developers put a lot of effort into ease of use, and the ability of the user to block annoying pop-ups, detect fraudulent web sites and be just plain old easy to use!If security is of concern to anyone, then firefox is the browser to choose.
Matticque said:
Firefox is great, I've changed for it since its first release and never looked back, my concern was for security also.
MaXtor said:
This is fantastic. Using this guide I've been able to figure out so many things within Fx. Recently my Fx 1.5 started getting pop-ups, I found a hidden setting to block then, I can also block java script  and other scripts without the need for an extension. I reinstalled Fx 1.5 set all the settings how I wanted, then tested it out with out seeing any pop-ups, then I installed the extension Adblock Plus and everything is going great! Thanks!
champmanfan said:
If anyone wants a quick free tweak app for Firefox, then FireTune for Firefox is very easy to use and you'll notice the speed difference (results depend on PC specs and will vary). Go here for the latest version: [url]http://www.firetune.com[/url]Happy tweaking on the best browser in the world!!
Need_a_Dell said:
This is an excellent guide! Everyone with Firefox, (ie. everyone) should read this! The more people know, the better. An een better idea is that Mozilla should include guides like this with the installation file of Firefox. Some people will just not go looking for things like this. The more accesible, the better!