OCZ releases performance DDR-2 kits

By Justin Mann on December 27, 2005, 8:08 PM
OCZ announced today the release of the eXtreme XTC DDR2 series modules, the first set of DDR2 performance modules OCZ is making available. Available in 512MB single modules up to 2GB matched pair kits, the modules are available in PC2-4200 and PC2-5400 speeds. They come, of course, with the XTC heatspreader that OCZ is known for. Read the full press release at OCZ's site.

Bartzy said:
OCZ is known for its high performance memory (and the high pricing ofcourse :)).When I bought my computer, I intended it to be an Overclock machine. I thought that I'll buy some OCZ modules, but then I realized that I don't need one. There are many companies out there that manufacture great memory in great prices. ADATA, Crucial, GSkill, PQI... Companies like OCZ and Corsair are for people who... have money, lets say it like that.
asphix said:
I like GEIL the best presonally. OCZ isnt bad.. and there is a difference between the quality of their chips and the competition.
Eleventeen said:
Nice, I have been looking for a good memory upgrade for a while now. These might do the trick. Although I have never used OCZ before, I have heard that they are very good although expensive.
mtyson8 said:
I hope they make this memory compatable with pre-built machines from the big companies. Make sure if you upgrade to this powerful ram with overclocking capability, you have a custom built fast machine. Because ive experienced modules like this(HyperX, OCZ, Ballistix) and they seem to not be compatiable in machines such as Dells, GTWAYs, HPs, and Compaqs. Now I know you cant overclk these machines, but they should still work at set speed.
PUTALE said:
DDR2 is finally going to the norm of the memory now that amd is finally going to support it. It's nice to see the high performance DDr2 being released.
mentaljedi said:
Its nice to have all this new memory, but the max has become stuck at 2GB. That's not nearly going to be enough when Vista and the rest come out. Hopefully either DDr2 or DDR will fix this though i don't really care which is used even though i prefer the former.