MSI installer file for WMF flaw available

By Derek Sooman on January 3, 2006, 12:26 PM

MonkeyMan said:
asphix said:
Wow, I somehow missed the post outlining the manual install of this patch. Downloading and installing it now. I was actually getting slightly worried this morning after hearing more on how serious this exploit can potentially be.Made me happy I was forced to be away from a computer over new-years. For someone like me who does all their banking and bill paying online, exploits such as the WMF are a great source of paranoia and uncertainty!
Mictlantecuhtli said:
PanicX said:
[b]Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli:[/b][quote][b]Originally posted by MonkeyMan:[/b][quote]Sweet, I know when I switch to the MSI file format in Irfanview, the video's run a whole lot slower, and then I have to switch back to letting windows media player be the format for it. I'm downloading this software right now, this is an absolute must have!!!!![/quote]???I have no idea what that was about...[/quote]I concur. Completely bewildered.
spike said:
Here's a third bemused person.
DragonMaster said:
I can't install it on Windows 98 SE!
John Smith said:
I've been waiting for this all week. I just put together a new computer, going from ME to XP, and this pops up. It's funny that there is a faster response from the software community than from Microsoft.
otmakus said:
[b]Originally posted by MonkeyMan:[/b][quote]Sweet, I know when I switch to the MSI file format in Irfanview, the video's run a whole lot slower, and then I have to switch back to letting windows media player be the format for it. I'm downloading this software right now, this is an absolute must have!!!!![/quote]MSI installer -> MSI file format, Ilfak Guilfanov -> Irfan view, WMF flaw -> something wrong with Windows Media Player. Seriously, give this guy a break guys. He's doing the right thing, downloading this patch, although for a wrong reason.
mentaljedi said:
Otmakus, you hit the nail on the head there.