Sysopt talks hardware changes around the bend in 2006

By Justin Mann on January 4, 2006, 7:28 PM
Ever wonder what exactly will be changed and what will be added in the hardware we love over the next year? Companies often say one thing, but do another. Analysts often predict one thing, but the market swings another way. That being saying, SysOpt has a very interesting article that predicts hardware changes we can expect over the next year. Some of them are already in the works, such as AMD switching to DDR2 technology. They also believe Intel will swing around from the increasingly dismal reception to Netburst and, with Yonah at their back, storm the market once again. They also believe AMD will grow in the server market again, taking marketshare away from Intel with the might of the Opteron. It will be interesting to revisit this down the road to see how much will pan out.

blue_dragon said:
Did they get this off a crystal ball or it was it bound to happen?
PUTALE said:
mmh, I think most of us don't need "industry expert" to make these prediction to konw these facts. I think for us who have been reading a lot of news and stuff already know the trends and have the similar conclusion and expectation.
nathanskywalker said:
I don't know. Considering the switch to DDR2 would not be a good move for AMD. While the DDR2 probably would run better with a AMD chip than Pentium, unless RAM goes down in price quickly, they might not make as much as they might hope... But what do i know? i'm only the consumer right , j/k. i suppose whatever the case, they have an idea as to what they are doing.
MonkeyMan said:
Well, like Wall Street, and Microsoft has been saying, "This year will be the most technological year in Computing history." And you can already start to see it beginning. We will see very powerful video cards this year, as well as powerful memory, and Desktop PC's. 2006 is going to be a very exciting year for PC, and technology lovers.
rahuls said:
The question is who will judge their predictions
otmakus said:
DDR2's price is now comparable to DDR, and although the performance boost is very small, if I can get a boost, however small, with the same price, I will gladly choose DDR2.But as in the conclusion, we can expect 2006 to be exactly like 2005 in most aspects. Pretty boring, I say.
MonkeyMan said:
[b]Originally posted by otmakus:[/b][quote]But as in the conclusion, we can expect 2006 to be exactly like 2005 in most aspects. Pretty boring, I say.[/quote]I'd have to disagree with you on that statement otmakus, because with the release of the new AMD products, Google, new hardware drives, new MP3 technology, etc. but most of all, the new windows operating system, (Windows Vista) all of these things will produce a technological boom in the PC industry. With the release of Windows Vista, set for release in December of this year, the PC industry will be rushing to have the latest, and high quality software before its release, therefore, adding alot of competition, and selection for its consumers. It was like that with the release of Windows 2000, Me, and XP. There have been so much technological releases since XP, that is going to make it all the better compatible with Windows Vista. From what I've heard, Windows Vista, is going to be so huge, its actually going to produce an economic boom for the US economy. This is why I say that 2006 is going to be a technological boom in the PC industry, because every company will be scrambling to have the latest technology, before Windows Vista is released. Because the company that has the latest software for Windows Vista, will be the number 1 company, because everyone will want the latest, and high tech technology, so they will buy quality products from the company that produces the best technology, therefore, making profits very high, for the producer of the best compatible software.[Edited by MonkeyMan on 2006-01-05 06:37:02]
asphix said:
mentaljedi said:
[b]Originally posted by asphix:[/b][quote]MonkeyMan, I agree 100% with you on that one. Analysts have been predicting for a while that the current technological/I.T. slump we've been experiencing lately is going to be turned around in 2006.I think it will be an exciting year in electronics in general. Large screen TV technologies are dropping in price and becoming more attractive to homes across the nation. Increased bandwith are opening new doors to functions that were unobtainable before. New DVD formats are being released to provide a more detailed home cinema experience. Handhelds and cell phones are increasing in their capabilities. The new windows OS is a fantastic thing, and along with it the digital media age is being thrown in our ever drooling faces.Add to that the new consoles due to be released this year along with countless other advances and this year is bound to be a very exciting year. 2005 wasnt such a bad year, but most of it was spent in build up and preperation for 2006/2007. Call me an optimist, but I think 2006 and 2007 are going to be extremely exciting years![/quote]Asphix and Monekeyman i applaud you. What you all ahe said is the truth, nothing but the truth so hepl me god. Seriously, 2006 will be a big hit for the computer industry, and 2007 will be a big hit for the movie industry with things like HD-DVD and blue-ray coming to resonable prices by then. I don't think Vista will make the US economy boom but perhaps will be a big source but not the only one. The Nasdaq will sore definatly but with terrorist attacks etc... and if a 9/11 thing happened again well... still! No terrorist will stop me buying my 3+GHZ, 2.5GB, 150GB power machine laptop! I hope...