Mozilla working to bring Firefox to Intel based Macs

By Justin Mann on January 16, 2006, 12:45 PM
Already with a beta release, Mozilla is developing and planning a March release for a final version of Firefox for Intel Macs. Apple's newest line of computers that are using Intel processors will be running Mac OS X, and many software suites have to be modified or rewritten to work with the new hardware. Because OS X is BSD-based, modifications are easier for developers and thus we get treats like Firefox in shorter times. Mozilla has mentioned that there have been issues with Java and Flash for the transition, and they are working to get those taken care of before officially releasing it. It's good to know they are working to bring us good software on these new machines.

MonkeyMan said:
This is great, in that Mozilla is thinking of its customers needs. I'm sure this will be a plus for MAC users, and this is going to make Mozilla thousands, if not millions of dollars. Great job Mozilla!!!!!!!!!
nathanskywalker said:
Rosetta[url]http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/C
nceptual/universal_binary/universal_binary_exec_a/chapter_
_section_1.html[/url]WEll good for mac users. I gues this will give mac users a little common ground....and a better browser.
exscind said:
Good for Mozilla. Nice to know they are trying their best to not leave anybody out. The transition from Internet Explorer to Firefox was so great I can't believe people are still using Internet Explorer. Intel Macs users will be so relieved to know this news, I'm sure.
Eleventeen said:
Yeah, this is nice that Mozilla is getting alot of attention. If I were to use one of those Macs with whatever browser that comes with it, well, I probably wouldn't even use it. I do know a couple of my friends who are interested in these, and the fact that Mozilla will be available to use with them just makes it better.
PUTALE said:
now with mac using intel cpu and mac os (which is virtually kinda like linus) I am sure the software developers will be able to make more Mac compatible software.
Need_a_Dell said:
Firefox is da mad bomb yo! Good for Mozilla. After using firefox, I have referred all of my family and friends to it. It beats everything out there hands down. (Explorer and Netscape can't hold a candle to it!) Keep up the good work Mozilla!
Mictlantecuhtli said:
mentaljedi said:
[b]Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli:[/b][quote][b]Originally posted by Eleventeen:[/b][quote]Yeah, this is nice that Mozilla is getting alot of attention. If I were to use one of those Macs with whatever browser that comes with it, well, I probably wouldn't even use it.[/quote]Apple's media plugins tend to work better with Safari, however.[/quote]Maybe but firefox is getting really popular now and i think the only thing thats stopping it from taking over is how much IE is intergratred into the OS! I can't get rid of it!