Dilbert mobile game on its way

By Derek Sooman on January 24, 2006, 6:04 PM
Namco and United Media are to work together on a new Dilbert mobile phone game. No details are yet available on how the game will actually be structured, and it does seem strange to envisage, given that Dilbert spends his days stuck in an office cubicle, contending with deadlines, office politics and stupid users. The mobile game is set to launch in fall of this year.

The NPD Group released a study last summer that said about 27% of mobile phone users have played mobile games. About a third of those gamers have purchased games, while the other two-thirds play the free, built-in games.

Namco has already ported several classic arcade games to mobile phones. These include Pac-Man, Dig-Dug and Galaga.

nathanskywalker said:
lol, nice. I don't read the funnies offten, but i do know who dilbert is...kind of. That is hilarious, or at least i would think the game will be. Yes! pac-man, hard game; dig-dug, sad but fun; galaga, not sure about that one.
DragonMaster said:
Hehehehe! Just want to see this!
cyrax said:
Now don't get me wrong, i like the dilbert series. But i must say a game about it really doesn't strike much promise.
paulwuzhere said:
Gaming on cell phones has never been that important to me. I liked the Ngage. Besides that I just like the bowling game on my Nokia. There would have to be a REALLY nice gaming phone to come out to impress me.
Need_a_Dell said:
What would this game be about? TPS reports? Catbert and Dogbert fighting over domination of the world? Dilbert drinking his coffee? Instead, they should have a subscription to daily dilbert comics delivered straight to your phone. Now THAT would be cool!
MonkeyMan said:
This should be interesting, and I'm sure that I will be looking forward to this new game release. I love Pac Man,Dig-Dug and Galaga. They are classic, and very fun games, that I will always love. I can't wait for this new game to be released, because its certainly going to be another one of my favorites.
mentaljedi said:
hmmmmm... could this be a trend like the tv mobiles or some sort of response?