Nintendo's Wii to only run for $250

By Justin Mann on May 25, 2006, 11:55 AM
For all that can be said about Nintendo's “Wii”, it will have one very large advantage over both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Once it hits the market, it will have a price cap of a mere $250 U.S., and $220 in Japan, making it the lowest priced console in many years. This not only helps availability to a great degree, when not everyone can afford to throw down $500+ on a new gaming system, but also makes existing console owners more likely to give the Wii a try. With a PS3 selling for twice and nearly thrice that, Nintendo may have found their saving grace in being such a late comer with this generation of consoles. Considering many techies often spend just as much money buying a single component to upgrade their computers, it makes it seem almost... cheap.

asphix said:
Sweet, now my only concern is availability. Since its not using any bleeding edge technology (note, i'm saying technology, so while the wiimote could be seen as bleeding edge, its not really from a technological standpoint) hopefully they will be much easier to pump out of the factory.Last thing I want to do is deal with supply issues again :(
canadian said:
I really hope it takes a month to catch on, giving me enough time to buy one before they get popular, lol.
insidious420 said:
This is great news. Wii <= $250 is an awesome bargain for the total package of features (cool & unique controller, virtual console, backward compatible, etc). Plus, I was expecting MS to lower the price of X360 when Wii launched, but they recently denied any price cuts. I was going to buy 360 when Wii launched, but now I'll just get Wii and hold out on 360 until Halo 3 launches :)Money saved = good news all around.
sornypanafonic said:
yeah getting a wii is a no brainer, i mean im sure im going to spend twice that on my next cpu alone so yeah it is kinda cheap... kinda.
deanimate said:
$250 in USAŁ200 in UK:-/
sosmither said:
The [url=http://www.nintendo-wii-0.blogspot.com]Nintendo Wii[/url] is very cheap! YAY! :)
ming9899 said:
Oh very cheap!!!!!!!!![url=http://burn-stomach-fat.blogspot.com]burn stomach fat[/url]