TS Poll: What graphics card is on your main PC?

By on July 12, 2007, 2:20 PM
In recent years the leadership in the videocard market has been disputed between Nvidia and ATI, with their biggest selling models belonging to the GeForce and Radeon series, respectively. Now that DirectX 10 games are just starting to surface, many of you may already have, or will at some point, upgrade your gaming rig. In our latest poll we want to know: What graphics card is on your main PC? (see the new poll on the right sidebar of our frontpage).

As for our previous poll, Google clearly proved to be a leader in desktop search among our readers with almost 60 percent of the votes. In comparison, Microsoft’s alternative roughly scored 10 percent, while 21.9 percent of voters claim to use none.

Copernic, which is one of the first companies to work on desktop search doesn't seem to be getting the same kind of attention, this is unfortunate given that it is, according to some of our informal tests, one of the most capable tools from the group listed.

JosVilches said:
You can find the poll form at the right side of your screen in our homepage.
Julio said:
I have also added the poll form in the page showing this individual story.
buttus said:
beef_jerky4104 said:
Good to see that my eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO is on the list.Note: The GeForce 6 series cards should have been included.
9Nails said:
[b]Originally posted by buttus:[/b][quote]Sadly my GeForce 6800 is not on the list....hence why I badly need to purchase a new system.[/quote]Last of the good AGP cards! The 6800 should have been listed!Yeah, me too - I don't have PCI-X or PCI-E whatever slots in my motherboard (i865) so I've quit at GeForce 6800 GT. And it's just starting to get to the point where I can find games that don't run creamy smooth with it.
buttus said:
[b]Originally posted by 9Nails:[/b][quote][b]Originally posted by buttus:[/b][quote]Sadly my GeForce 6800 is not on the list....hence why I badly need to purchase a new system.[/quote]Last of the good AGP cards! The 6800 should have been listed!I loved by BFG 6800 GT OC AGP card. Although it cost a fotune ($400+), it has gotten me through many years and many games. I haven't had as many good years or good value out of a graphics card since my 9800 Pro.
Gars said:
on the workstation(main) - Quadro FX 3450, on the homestation - 7600GSso, 7 series was marked
Julio said:
Admittedly the GeForce 6 series was a big miss, and it shows with the high percentage of votes in the "Other GeForce" category. It's still quite impressive however the number of users that have already upgraded to 7 and 8 series boards which are relatively new.