Crysis demo now available for download

By on October 26, 2007, 5:38 PM
Originally meant to hit download sites on the same day of the Halo 3 launch, the Crysis demo was pushed back to an October 26 launch, only to be postponed earlier today for the second time. However, in a strange turn of events, Crytek and EA have decided to un-postpone the highly-anticipated demo which is now available on FileShack, and should be available tomorrow at nZone.com, as well.

Edit: Additional working mirror (no registration needed).
Edit #2: Nvidia has released new Forceware beta drivers (169.01) that are optimized for use with this SP demo. If you ask me it's ridiculous how you need to upgrade drivers every time a new major title is released, it happened with Bioshock, UT, and now Crysis. But anyway, pick your OS and download here.

As earlier reported, the demo will include the complete first level, dubbed “Contact,” which will give you roughly 45 minutes of gameplay. In addition, Crytek is packing in the CryEngine 2 Sandbox game editor, giving the community the opportunity to get familiar with the tools they will have at their disposal before the actual game ships on November 16.

vnf4ultra said:
As soon as I clicked the free download link (http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com), avg resident shield says trojan PSW.Generic5.TMV detected FYI.Edit: I suppose it could have been something else that caused the virus warning, but it seems odd, since it was at the same time that I clicked the link, and I wasn't downloading or installing anything else.[Edited by vnf4ultra on 2007-10-26 20:00:58]
Julio said:
That's really strange but just in case I ran a full scan with AVG (also) and nothing popped up.
captain828 said:
Perhaps it is ridiculous to have to upgrade drivers every time a new AAA game or demo pops up, but at least no one can say they aren't supporting the communityI actually like nVidia's new scheme; ATi/AMD aren't that friendly with us
Mictlantecuhtli said:
canadian said:
Great, now I need to wait like, 2 months for Asus to release the new drivers!
spydercanopus said:
[b]Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli:[/b][quote]Apparently the newer the game, the more "intro" videos there are. I can't even skip the intro movie that, in my opinion, ruins the gameplay experience. It just shows what you can do rather than letting the player find it out.At least in UT3 you can modify the configuration files to skip the seven intro movies that show up every time you start it.[/quote]I really thought intro movies would eventually die off after 3d graphics got as good as they are today. I think the actual 3d games look better than their pixelated and compressed videos clips, so why don't they just let the game engine do the work?
boogityboo04 said:
[b]Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli:[/b][quote]Apparently the newer the game, the more "intro" videos there are. I can't even skip the intro movie that, in my opinion, ruins the gameplay experience. It just shows what you can do rather than letting the player find it out.At least in UT3 you can modify the configuration files to skip the seven intro movies that show up every time you start it.[/quote]You don't even have to modify the config for the Crysis demo. Just go into the program folder and delete all the files under Game/Localized/Video except for bg.sfd.It will then skip right to the menu when starting.