Microsoft releases Office 2007 SP1, Windows XP SP3 RC1

By on December 11, 2007, 3:15 PM
As expected, Microsoft this morning made its Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 1 available to anyone interested in trying it out. SP3 RC1 is fundamentally a major roll-up of all security updates that includes 1,073 hotfixes, but it also contains some new features such as a new activation scheme, Network Access Protection Module, Microsoft Kernel Mode Cryptographic Module and a Black Hole Router detection algorithm. Interestingly, performance is possibly an unexpected bonus to installing SP3, according to earlier reports.

Microsoft also released the first major update to Office 2007 today, bringing a slew of stability and performance improvements developed as a result of user input from the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis and from Microsoft Product Support feedback.

The company is also slated to make the RC test build of Vista SP1 available to the general public sometime this week. In the meantime, you can get both Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate 1 and Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 1 through our download section.

canadian said:
2007 SP1 is also available in Windows Update
kitty500cat said:
Just upgraded to SP3 RC1, wanna see how it does.
canadian said:
Ohhh, do tell how it goes for you!
Nirkon said:
Hmm... Microsoft has to create a sort of 'Game-Mode'...trashes any unneeded background processes and whatnot.
windmill007 said:
Hope this makes my office 2007 work like it should. It now works as fast as a turtle going thru a tar pit. Seriously this better improve the sluggish performace or I will go back to 2003. I will let ya all know if it helps..I'm downloading now.
windmill007 said:
Well I guess it works slightly better but I sure won't say it works any where near 2003 or earlier versions which is to bad. Performance is key. I click on new mail or open a new work there is always a delay. No good in my book. Kinda like Vista I guess. Overly bloated. They need to release striped down versions of both. Not everyone eneds all the extra bagage. I would love to see Gamer Vista... Or something like that. Not really..I hate Vista but you get my point.
kitty500cat said:
Upgraded Wi-Fi to WPA2, which SP2 didn't support. No issues so far.