Microsoft: Windows 7 still slated for 2010

By on April 8, 2008, 10:36 AM
Last week, Bill Gates stirred up the waters a little bit by suggesting the next major Windows OS version would be available as early as next year. Though many welcomed the news of an OS refresh ahead of schedule (while bashing Vista at the same time), it appears that Windows 7 won’t be ready in its final version any earlier than 2010 – three years from Windows Vista’s rocky introduction to market.

Microsoft said Gates may have been referring to early trials or test versions of Windows 7, not the actual retail-ready product. Unsurprisingly, the company did not offer up any additional information related to the new operating system’s specific tools and features or how it will differ from Vista in terms of features and presentation.

windmill007 said:
Guess I won't have to buy my dual quad core, 8GB Ram, 2048MB Video card, 2TB hard drive for another year.
icye said:
I believe it when I see it
fullmetalvegan said:
icye said:
[b]Originally posted by fullmetalvegan:[/b][quote]lol - you barely need that many specs to run Vista, I have it run on pretty crap systems. Stop exaggerating. =PSo sick of Vista/Microsoft bashing. It's boring now, get over it; good computers run Vista fine.[/quote]Not everybody shares the same views on Vista, its called a difference in opinion.
canadian said:
Honestly, today I was surprised by how few wireless cards on NCIX support Vista 64 bit. All I can say is "wtf".
jesse_hz said:
9Nails said:
Windows 7 launch in 2010.Windows 7 Service Pack 1, guestimating, in 2011.Learning that I have at least another 3 years of life left in my PC is wonderful. I just might have some credit cards paid off before then, only to jack them back up again when I have to buy my dual 8-core 8 Gig RAM, 2 Gig video, and RAID 0 Raptor computer system needed to run Windows 7. Do you think I can get that in a laptop by then?
phantasm66 said:
I told you Microsoft just makes these roadmaps up.
icye said:
[b]Originally posted by jesse_hz:[/b][quote][b]Originally posted by fullmetalvegan:[/b][quote] ... good computers run Vista fine.[/quote]- and run other OSs even better![/quote]with better OSs those good computers become very good ones![Edited by icye on 2008-04-09 12:23:25]