XP Patch: Explorer May Generate an Application Error

By Thomas McGuire on November 5, 2002, 1:21 PM
This update addresses the "Explorer.exe May Generate an Application Error When You Close a Folder" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q329692. Download now to resolve the application error when closing folders.

System Requirements
Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition

Download Now
Q329692_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe - 514 Kb

Federelli said:
have u guys ever thought of linking to other language files? like spanish at least?
TS | Thomas said:
I try to on OS Updates but as regards this file there is no other download for it. Not all all multilingual. The file download page is here if you want to check it;[url]http://microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID
44673[/url]That's the only link.
Federelli said:
yeah thanx thomas, i believe the spanish release come like 7 days after the english one... i'll check on that later
Rick said:
I hope this fixes my problem.. I've been getting intermittent explorer crashing ever since I updated using Windows update... But it happens randomly and not just when I close a window.
TS | Thomas said:
Actually just checked into it now. Sometimes the actual KB article "does" have multi-language files for download which aren't linked to on that page. I'll check them out before posting now rather than just going with the links on "that" page. Damned microsoft :)
puppychips said:
Hey, thanks everybody. Did the update for Word repeatly but that didn't correct the proble. Microsoft Word now closes properly, many thanks.