World of Warcraft patch 3.1 goes live

By on April 14, 2009, 3:04 PM
After an abnormally long downtime for maintenance, players of WoW can expect new dungeons, dual talent specializations, user interface improvements, and much more arriving today with The Secrets of Ulduar, patch 3.1 for World of Warcraft.

While it is the focal point, the massive dungeon of Ulduar represents a fraction of what patch 3.1 is. For instance, the update finally brings the anticipated dual specialization system, allowing players to change their role on the fly – shadow priests become holy priests, feral druids become balance druids, and combat rogues become subtlety rogues with the click of a button.

Interface changes will bring an equipment manager, which will allow players to easily save and swap sets of gear, an objectives tracker that tracks multiple quests and achievements simultaneously, and battleground queuing from anywhere. Some other noteworthy changes include the ability to bring ground mounts into water, implementation of the argent tournament, enhanced map views and some class balancing. To view the patch notes in entirety, head over to the official site.

DaMak420 said:
The official 3.1 patch notes, not the PTR notes are available on the main page of www.mmo-champion.com approximately 2/3's of the way down the front page.These are the official 3.1 notes, not the test realm notes.
supersmashbrada said:
I really cant stand this carebear game, idunno why.
BlindObject said:
From here I can hear all the wowfags squealing.
TomSEA said:
PanicX said:
Wow.. wouldn't play the game with a gun to your head? Patrick Henry, eat your heart out.
cyrusjumpjet said:
I am an ex-WoW player, though I was never as addicted as most. I'll never play it again due to Blizzard's strategy of stringing players along with "new content" each patch. They basically render all old content, dungeons, rewards, etc. with each new patch, thereby making all of your old precious gametime a waste. Absolutely ridiculous. I'll be looking forward to the next big MMORPG that takes the world by storm.
Julio said:
WoW is a great game but after playing for a few months I had to realize that it's meant to get you addicted to it by design. Always letting you starve for more, and making you painfully unproductive in the process, I just dropped it.
peacefulchaos said:
I tried WOW for about 2 months after I was begged to try it for 2 years. I blew all the coins I earned one night at the carnival buying booze and frogs and then I quit. lol
Eddie_42 said:
[b]Originally posted by TomSEA:[/b][quote]LOL @ BlindObject. I wouldn't play WoW if you held a gun to my head. Not when there are great stand-alone games out like Fallout 3, Mass Effect, GTAIV, etc. where you don't have to deal with ****** ruining your gaming experience or feel you have to invest half of your life into it.[/quote]Congratulations, but blizzard has 11.5 million people who would disagree with that.
TomSEA said:
Oh, no doubt about it Eddie_42, it's insanely popular. But I think those 11.5 million people (most of which are from the Asian countries BTW), fall into the "invest half of your life into it" category I was referring to. ;-)
Matthew said:
I too played for roughly 2 1/2 months, quitting just prior to the release of the last expansion. A few games in the past have sucked me in, but WoW didn't for some reason. After the few months of play I deleted my characters and never looked back.Its userbase offers some great insight to what a great game it is, but it just didn't eh, scratch my itch.
tengeta said:
Eech... how did I use to play this?I really liked the "abnormal downtime" part too, like its never been down for nearly a day to update anything? At least some servers end up in that position. I doubt its any different today.