EVGA intros twin-flipping display InterView 1770

By on July 16, 2009, 1:43 PM
EVGA has announced an interesting new LCD display, the InterView 1770. Now, its not often that you see something different in the display market; things just get wider and thinner as time rolls on. However, the InterView 1770 delivers a welcomed change by mounting two pivoting 17 panels on a single central stand.

Each 17 1440x900 TFT panel flips 180-degrees vertically, and rotates inward 90-degrees horizontally. The pair have a 500:1 contrast ratio and 220 cd/m2 brightness with an 8ms response time. The base and spine of the displays hosts a DMS connector, 1.3-megapixel webcam, microphone, three USB ports as well as dual keyboard and mouse controls.

Having a larger, or more than one display is a surefire way of increasing productivity levels, and so the InterView 1770 has been engineered with work in mind. As cool as the contraption is, I assume its market is pretty limited especially with an MSRP of $649.99.

B00kWyrm B00kWyrm, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Currently only(?) available from EVGA @ $650

I think I would be more inclined to get a pair of larger "rotating" monitors,

like Part No.: E02-MON-2335C = 23" HP 2335 DVI Rotating Widescreen LCD

and still save $250 - $300

mattfrompa mattfrompa said:

I realize this makes me sound spoiled, but the only time I find 17'' acceptable anymore is on a laptop. Especially for that inflated price, there is no way those screens should be below 20''. I guess once I got a larger screen, I find it hard to go back.

LinkedKube LinkedKube, TechSpot Project Baby, said:

mattfrompa said:

You're not spoiled you just live in 2009, not 1999

What's new here? You've been able to buy dual monitor mounts for ages that can do this, you just have to buy the monitor your want and then attach the Vesa mounts at the back of the monitor. I've been using something like this for over 12 years.

Presumably the 'new' aspect is that it's an integrated solution, which to me, means if one panel fails I have to replace both.

Wendig0 Wendig0, TechSpot Paladin, said:

500:1 contrast ratio? That's it? Weak.

woooow its great