Logitech intros G500 gaming mouse and G330 headset

By on August 6, 2009, 3:02 PM
Logitech has unveiled two new additions to its G-series line of gaming peripherals - the Gaming Mouse G500 and Gaming Headset G330. The first is the successor to Logitech’s well-regarded G5 Laser Mouse, featuring a new, less ostentatious ergonomic design akin to the MX line, and improved sensitivity thanks to its on-the-fly adjustable DPI system that varies from 200 to a whopping 5,700 in 100 DPI increments.

The usual gaming mice features are also present, including removable weights to customize and tune the overall feel of the device and 10 programmable buttons. Different configurations for custom button layouts can be saved to the mouse’s internal memory, and there’s also a hyper-fast scroll wheel mode for web browsing.

As for the Logitech Gaming Headset G330, it features a behind-the-head wrap around design and a silicon-lined headband with pivoting ear pads to relieve pressure points. It also sports a noise-canceling microphone, in-line audio controls and attaches to your PC via 3.5mm jacks or an included USB adapter. The G330 headset should be available sometime this month for $49, while the $69 G500 mouse should launch in September.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I don't understand why they don't make wireless versions of these. Cord on a mouse drives me nutz.

---agissi--- ---agissi---, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Wireless mice drive me nuts, between the poor pickup, imprecision (doing pixel work and gaming) and the battery replacement. Those buttons on the side are not calling my name, they'll work but I expected better from Logitech.

mice drive me nuts! what happen to the good ole days of just using the keyboard? O.o

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

where did it come from?.......and what do you think it wants!?

Aolish Aolish said:

TomSEA said:

Another person has already said it. Wireless mouse technology still has a LONG way to go. Even up till this day, lag behind wireless mouse is still horrendous. Pixel perfect wireless mouse usage still has YEARS, maybe decades of work that still need to be improved upon.

siiix siiix said:

yeah once they have unlimited energy source and the radio signal is as strong you can mouse from across the street... then we got a working wireless device

as for this mouse and generally Logitec seem to falling behing , they new gaming keyboards and this mouse have very little new to offer, especially for gaming they even got worse

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Yeah, I know wireless rats don't have the same accuracy as a wired one, but the way you guys talk using a wireless is like picking up rice with a boxing glove. It's not THAT bad by any stretch. I've used wireless for at least 3-4 years now and do just fine in FPS games like L4D and UT3. I wouldn't want to use one for detailed photo or AutoCad work though.

I just want an option of having a wireless version. You guys can have all the cables ya want. ;-)

guyver1 said:

I use AutoCAD for my job for the past 8 years and trust me, you can use a 10 year old 2 button mouse with a ball in it and you wont see a difference as you simply dont need the accuracy and fast twitch skills lol.

fast twitch pixel accurate precision is only needed in fast paced FPS'ers, christ not even amatuer photo editors and graphic designers use a mouse, they use a GFX tablet and pen!

they're gaming mice for a reason, and wireless simply isnt consistent enough ALL OF THE TIME when your playing at any sort of competitve/serious level.

right on brother, bring back the C:\ [prompt]

hehe

bullzi bullzi said:

guyver hit the nail on the head. i won't game with anything but wired and either optical or laser mice. as everybody else has said, the lag is too much. i had a wireless mouse for a day and took it back the next morning. so not a fan at this day and age.

There isnt nothing like sucking in a game you normally rock it, just becuase you decided to buy a wirerless mouse... I have been there and done that, and wont do it again for a long time to come LOL.

BlindObject said:

I still use my G5, and I don't think I'm gonna need a new mouse for decades..

Wireless versions of precision mice are typically unavailable because wireless transmission would compromise the reliability of the product.

I have been using the wireless G7 now for a few years, it is as precise and accurate as any wired mouse out there. I think you guys are fooling yourselves saying it may take "decades" to make wireless good. There are a ton of good wireless products out there.