Lian-Li intros the PC-B25F chassis

By on August 27, 2009, 12:00 PM
Lian-Li has launched a new mid-tower case, the PC-B25F. Based on the original PC-B25 "Blue Ring," the new model preserves much of what made that case a success - although, there are some refinements. With a brushed, all aluminum chassis, the PC-B25F features a tool-less design, which includes eight sturdy aluminum and rubber-padded expansion slot brackets, a unique PSU mounting system, an HDD bracket with rubberized grommet struts, as well as easily removable top and front panels.

Lian-Li's PC-B25F ships with two 120mm 1200RPM fans mounted in the front, two 140mm 1000RPM fans positioned up top, and a single 120mm 1500RPM fan secured at the rear. It has plenty of space for your drives with three 5.25" drive bays (with an optional 3.5" external bay), and six internal 3.5" bays. The case's multimedia ports consist of one eSATA, two USB 2.0 and HD+AC97 audio ports.

The PC-B25F's dimensions in millimeters are 210W x 495H x 490D. It is expected to hit shelves around mid-September and can be perched on your desk for $190.

Eddie_42 Eddie_42 said:

2 x 120mm in the front....where? there is only a air port for one

LinkedKube LinkedKube, TechSpot Project Baby, said:

The article says one in the front, not two.

habbfan said:

Coolest case I've seen in years

gives me the warm happy feeling that comes from a warm happy place. slick cool black brushed exterior. it would look so good in my place.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

@Eddie_42: http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_ind
x=366&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g
t

@supersmashbrada: Nope, I definitely said two in the front - and there are indeed, two in the front .

I generally like Lian Li cases which are very nice looking. I have one that houses my Q6600-based PC and am happy with its cooling performance and looks. My only gripe is that "Lian Li" is stamped into the metal at the front and isn't removeable. Not all of us like advertising and the name isn't very trendy.

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

of those of you who use the all aluminum case over the steel cases, how much do they really lower temps?