Opera 10 complete, waiting to be downloaded

By on September 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
As expected, Opera has finally released the completed tenth version of their browser. Opera 10 delivers a revamped interface, a "turbo mode" for those with slower connections, automatic updates and more. Those who are using the release candidate build rolled out a week back may not notice a dramatic difference; the company only lists a few minor changes.

The newest Opera build boasts a 40% speed increase when running web applications (Gmail for instance). Opera Mail has seen numerous improvements and an inline spellchecker has been implemented. Other additions include resizable thumbnail tabs, and Speed Dial has been given personalization features. If you're one of the many who have been awaiting the arrival of Opera 10, grab your download for Windows here.

When I go to install this, will I get a ballot screen?

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Haha. That my friend is the best comment I've seen in a while. To confirm: no ballot screen .

guyver1 said:

Opera > all other browsers..

love it, been using it since about V6, tried all the others and nothing comes close.

Love the menu bar button option & the drag the tab bar to show all the tabs as thumbnails.

For me the best new feature is Opera Unite (unite is still only beta & is going to be consolidated into the main browser in Opera 10.1)

It seems to handle video clips much better than it it did in version 9.

Opera 10 rocks

AtK SpAdE AtK SpAdE, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

So far, I like it.

SNGX1275 SNGX1275, TS Forces Special, said:

Anyone want to test the upgrade on OS X for me? The RC wiped every setting imaginable and I had to restore from time machine, I don't really want to do that again.

skitzo_zac skitzo_zac, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Bad luck there SNG1275.

I am using the final build of 10 on my PC now, I used all the Alpha, Beta and RC builds. Haven't noticed any difference from the RC to the final build. But IMO it's worth using Opera 10 just for the spell checker.

SNGX1275 SNGX1275, TS Forces Special, said:

heh, a cool thing about Opera in OS X is it already does spell check on its own, using the system dictionary. Inline typing, as soon as you type a word it doesn't know it puts a red dotted line under it, then you can right click for suggestions. I did try the upgrade from within Opera and it says it was downloaded but not applied, which is exactly what it said after I restored the old version from time machine...

SNGX1275 SNGX1275, TS Forces Special, said:

Ok, installed Opera 10 final, it wiped everything just like the RC did. But in /Users/name/Library/Preferences/ there are 2 directories, one for the new install and one of the old, so just copying cookies, wand.dat, and urlfilter.ini, and I resync'd my bookmarks and all is well now.