Nvidia releases GeForce 195.62 WHQL-candidate drivers

By on November 26, 2009, 2:11 PM
Nvidia has pushed out a new WHQL-candidate GeForce driver, version 195.62. Dated November 20, the latest build adds several bug fixes and improved stability to the previously released 195.55 WHQL-candidate driver. Among the fixes is one that remedies the occasional frame stutter in Fallout 3, and another corrects antialiasing in Borderlands when applied through the NV Control Panel.

Windows Vista and 7's Windows Media Center will no longer crash on the GeForce 210 when playing VC1 or MPEG2 HD content at 1080p resolution. Other fixes address poor performance and flickering in Need For Speed: Shift on the GeForce GTX 260 and GTX 280, and failed transcoding in Badaboom when browsing a video file. Release notes are made available separately for Windows XP and Windows Vista/7. Download your copy of 195.62:

Windows XP | XP 64-bit | Windows Vista | Vista 64-bit | Windows 7 | 7 64-bit

blimp01 said:

thanks for posting, im downloading them now!

blimp01 said:

the windows 7 64 bit drivers are not the full release; theyre still beta dont install them, nvidia's site does not have the 64 bit for vista / 7 -- its under maintenence

Adhmuz Adhmuz, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I was just on the site two nights ago having to downgrade driver version because the last beta messed up GTA 4, the game just would not load. Untill they come out with 64 bit drivers that are full release I'm not oging to update again just to find more problems.

blimp01 said:

its funny, when i went from 190 to 191, all my games' anisotropic filtering got messed up, even at 16x it looked like 4x but everything seemed to get fixed with these 195s so im happy

levar said:

o0o0oo0o thanks for sharing

downloading now...

all 64 bit drivers for both vista and windows 7 for nvidia no longer point to even the old file

there competently gone

Deso said:

I hope they have have fixed the compatibility issues from the beta with the 7900 GS cards which is what I have.

The Nview program would not work and I was restricted to 1280x1024 when both my monitor and the 7900 gs supports 1680x1050 and overall game performance was hit badly so I had to uninstall them and go back to the 191. release

link to drivers appears to be broken today. 11/27/09 11am EST

DarKSeeD DarKSeeD said:

Noticed a decrease in FPS vs. 195.55 but overall they seem stable and the IQ improved. Card in test GTX260.

BlindObject said:

Eh, I had horrible luck in the last 195, I couldnt really use my OC speeds and the frames on L4D2 went down by about 10-15 frames...maybe this will help?

TorturedChaos, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

really like how you guys post the drivers here, otherwise i always forget to upgraded until something stops working :p. Which i guess isn't too bad as long as everything still works ok.

Moltar said:

The Windows 7 x64 drivers seem to be back up. Im downloading them now. nVidia's last driver release seriously messed up support for some of my games so I hope this one is at least a bit better.

ryan29121 said:

As of 11/29 the 64 bit drivers seem to be working. I just downloaded and installed and works fine. Thanks for the note on the new nvidia drivers.

I don't know what happened but after installing 195.62 on my XP SP3 box it caused the PC to crash and reboot at random intervals.

No problems before and non after rolling back to previous set of 181.22

Weird but not risking it. About to go to a new Win7 box anyway after Xmas.

IvanAwfulitch IvanAwfulitch said:

Compatibility issues crop up inevitably. Getting stable drivers and keeping bug fixes can be a real hassle. I'm downloading these though. Performance boosts and fixes are always smiled upon.

Zenphic said:

It seems to work fine with my 9600GSO under Windows XP. I didn't notice any performance degradation in the Witcher.

I have Windows 7 home premium and the nvidia drivers 195.62 are a major problem. I have a BFG 8600 GTS OC card. My monitor is pixelated, has wavy lines, shadow images, etc. I didn't have this issue before I updated to 195.62. Be careful. Hopefully, nvidia will get the newest beta out 195.83 as a final soon. My new build computer is useless like this. I'm in safe mode + networking trying to resolve this issue. By the way, you may also encounter USB mass storage device errors, error code 10. These problem are on many forums.