Left 4 Dead 2 DLC "The Passing" coming spring 2010

By on December 14, 2009, 2:43 PM
Valve announced today that it expects to release the first downloadable add-on for Left 4 Dead 2 in early spring 2010. Among Scavenge, Versus and Survival additions, the DLC will bring a new campaign that offers an interesting twist.

Set in rural Georgia, "The Passing" sees the return of the original Left 4 Dead survivors as they cross paths with the new cast. Unfortunately, it seems Bill and the rest of the old crew will be unplayable, but the idea of eight survivors fighting the horde together is cool nonetheless. It also marks the first time players actually encounter other uninfected humans -- apart from shouting through doors.

The upcoming DLC is also said to contain a new uncommon infected, as well as a new melee weapon and firearm. An exact release date and pricing haven't been set, though I'm guessing it will probably be free on PC and about $7 for Xbox 360 players.

compdata compdata, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Hopefully it is free for the PC :-)

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Excellent! Sounds very interesting. Can't get enough of zombie hunting, ya know. ;-)

treeski treeski said:

Yeeaah I'm excited. I figured they would merge the L4D1 and 2 characters eventually. Unfortunately I'll be in Germany all next Spring, so I'll miss the release. But I'll look forward to it in the summer!

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

wow that was fast, they must really want your money bad, huh?

EXCellR8 EXCellR8, The Conservative, said:

Sounds interesting, I'm loving L4D2 a lot so far. Hopefully valve puts a little more effort into creating DLC content and not just adding random stuff to the game (i.e. dumb lighthouse map). I'd like to see one or two more full campaigns.

So, apparently that means that the guys in Left 4 Dead were in the Southeast...?

actually, I think that the survivors headed south after we last saw them in the first game and They evertually met the New Survivors

Yea this will be great especially for people like me who went back to L4D1 after the first month of L4D2. I hope that L4D3 will have more of a combined story line with L4D1 and 2 that would be awesome!

"Hopefully it is free for the PC :-)" lol, good joke there, why would they make it free for the pc bashers when they can double there income by charging for it. And if the games consoles are as bad as people say and PC is much better?, surely they would charge more to you guys...

wow the passing:new campaign-10 new acheivements-new melee and gun-2 new rock band songs (midnignt rider0-grathics and quality-1 new mode-more scavenge and survival maps-old survivors-new with modle-new uncomoncomon infected(also was cut). my name is....1351 4 d34d 0123 beta

I cant wait for this dlc! I heard it was scheduled for the end of march. I hope the new gun is some sort of heavy machinegun the melee should be a sledge hammer or the creators let u pick random item such as ive seen many metal pipes laying around maybe just let us pick them up or sumtin. this is goin to get bloody.

it's is a new heavy gun (M60) and a new golf club. make sure to read my other coment last one i put said my name is 1351 4 d34d 0123 beta.

13514d34d01beta said:

i used to be a guest (1351 4 d34d 0123 beta) now im in im now 1351 4 d34d 01 beta

13514d34d01beta said:

the passing should be free although it's like 7 DLC combinded into 1

L4D2 survivors {your team} meet up with the L4D survivors in the passing and one of them sacrifices themself lol.

I think that this is going to be a really great map. Better than Crash Course I hope. I really want them to add where you can have 8 human players in the finale. I've also heard they are releasing a new game mode along with the map. They said they'd talk about it closer to the release of the map so I hope the map is out soon. It's March 23rd so it's late March where is it?

Ya right! free for pc. I dought it! And $7.00 for the xbox 360. ha! I now for sure they will be more than that!!!! COME ON.

i wanted to be the 1 who makes the 1 2 survivors joint but they mind read

of course it will be free. all valve dlc is always free on the pc.

I hope that if anyone sacrifices themselves it will be Bill.

They can have my money for the eicness they have

Hope this dlc kicks ***, L4d is f*^&$@n awesome. The characters rule, i love you zoey<3. Zoey the hot biotch,she's way better then the black girl , Rochelle lol. This dlc will show who's good or not, but yea most new people in games will always be noobs, no dough about that.

I wonder if there killing off a character so that in left 4 dead 3, the other characters can return with one new character. My moneys on bill dying, and i hope they add some japanese women who cant speak much english, but zoey reveals she knows alot of japanese and they have secret conversations about blackie and biker. :]] -1up Gamer

I wish they would just release the content already! I have been waiting for ages!