Microsoft intros SideWinder X4 gaming keyboard

By on February 1, 2010, 12:51 PM
With a growing affinity for gaming and media-related hardware, Microsoft has introduced the SideWinder X4 keyboard. Redmond claims the SideWinder X4 gives gamers more control over their gaming experience with the "industry's most advanced anti-ghosting technology."

The keyboard's anti-ghosting technology ensures that even the most complex key combinations will be recognized by the computer, allowing up to 26 keys to be pressed at once -- a valuable feature for you button mashers. Other more common functions include macro recording and auto macro repeat functions, mode and profile switching, as well as adjustable backlighting.

The ghost busting SideWinder X4 should hit US shelves sometime in March of this year with a retail price of $59.95 and a three-year limited warranty, and Amazon will offer preorders later this week.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

How come no one makes an ergonomic gaming keyboard??

Serag said:

@Tom

Exactly my thoughts once I saw the pic of the keyboard

Some nice features tho especially anti-ghosting...

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

26 keys at once?! The only time I use that expression is when I face-plant my keyboard because some l33t hax0rz sniped me through the walls and my my spawn point, again. I can't think of a helpful macro to run in that situation. But for shorter key combinations, I'll be set with this baby!

ToGGoT said:

Bah, Anti-ghosting does NOT mean full N-key rollover. Yes, you can press UP to 26 keys at once, but its the 26 keys THEY have decided you can do that with... You can guarantee that as soon as you start mapping the keyboard for more complex games you will find two keys that dont work together.

On a UK keybaord i find that "\" and the Left shift are usually an issue.

maestromasada said:

Will this keyboard stand my frustration when I lost? I love punching the keys, but the problem is that they come out so eassly and then they don't fi it properly, and the legs alwasys break in the first heat. ARe you guys aware of any proof-punching keyboard?

Tx

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Tx

Punch it to your heart's content.

PanicX PanicX, TechSpot Ambassador, said:

-1 for originality. Looks like a stripped down G15

gobbybobby said:

Matthew said:

Tx

Punch it to your heart's content.

Lol nice!

Eddie_42 Eddie_42 said:

maestromasada said:

Tx

Dont know of a keyboard that does, but I saw a review of a laptop a while back that survived being shot by a .22 and being mangled by a tiger, and stepped on my an elephant

[link]