Razer intros DeathAdder gaming mouse for lefties

By on March 16, 2010, 4:57 PM
Razer has announced the arrival of its first gaming mouse designed specifically for left-handed users, the Razer DeathAdder Left Hand Edition. Crafted with professional left-handed gamers in mind, the new mouse combines an ergonomic form factor with a 3.5G infrared sensor, offering lefties a competitive edge compared to existing ambidextrous or right-handed mice.

Razer president Robert Krakoff said users have been after the company to create a gaming mouse for southpaw users. Identifying with the woes of using uncomfortable mice, Krakoff noted that he is a lefty and is excited to have a mouse that fits perfectly in his hand.

Spec-wise, the Left Hand Edition is seemingly identical to the original DeathAdder, including 1000Hz utrapolling, five independently programmable buttons, on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment, always-on mode, a 16-bit data path, and a gold-plated, seven-foot USB cable.

The Left Hand Edition is available for pre-order through Razer's online store for $59.99 (the same price as the original DeathAdder). While it's debut is on March 24, its status is set to "Back Order" so your mouse might ship a little later than advertised.

Kovach said:

I'm lefty and I'm glad that such a good gaming mouse like Razer is made for lefty. I will buy it for sure and test it.

Vicenarian said:

Do the lasers/sensors in these high-end mice last any longer than your typical $35.00 Microsoft or Logitech mouse? Or are you just paying for DPI, looks, and more buttons?

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I'm a leftie and play TF2 all the time! Finally can press more buttons on the mouse! Ordering one of these on friday!

And you pay for slightly quicker responses and they last just as long if not longer than your standard due to being well made. Although a portion of the money does go to looks and brand name.

CMH, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I still have a fully working MX500, which has taken so much abuse.....The mice feet have worn down pretty bad, so I replaced it with a G5, and the MX500 is now on another comp.

However, I did have an optical Logitech mouse bought around the time they first released optical mice which just died last year. For sentimental reasons I then tried to fix it, and it seems to be a cable problem: apparently over the years I managed to twist the cable so bad that it disconnected from within the mouse....

Geek4life said:

Pretty nice for a left hander, although my G5 right hander is holding up nicely.

ToastOz said:

I have a razor mamba wireless. I have been extremely happy with its performance although you pay more for a razer mouse the performance is great and sometimes its just good to have something that looks kick ass.

drasho said:

ive been using this mouse for a while and i can say taht this mouse kick ass... this is a good news for hte lefty =)

flukeh said:

I'm not much of an enthusiast mouse person. I've used razer mouses and G5's and wahtnot, but a relatively standard $25 Logitech mouse will perform just as well with maybe a few less useless buttons.

ain77 said:

I've always used Razer mice cos they so fast and comfortable. This is good news indeed.

Renegeek said:

I'v heard a lot about razer's mice, and never heard of any complaints. they do seem to have a lot of features, and very durable. and now for lefty people, thats allsome.

skitzo_zac skitzo_zac, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Great to see an enthusiast company like Razer doing something for all the lefties. Always like the look of the Deathadder, maybe I'll look at getting a Razer mouse when my Sidewinder X8 dies if MS don't release an updated model of the X8.

Recipe7 Recipe7 said:

I personally know 2 people that are discouraged from PC games because they can't seem to find the right mouse (left mouse?) that suites them. I'm going to have to introduce the DeathAdder to them.

Thompson said:

Gotta love a company that is willing to go out on a limb and bring a product to a market that nobody really cares about or even notices, go Razer!

Looks like a nice mouse too, good luck lefties.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Passing this on to my left-handed friends who have been howling for years about not having a gaming mouse for them.

ToastOz said:

a bad gamer blames his tools

ucould2 ucould2 said:

I know a 'southpaw' and already left them mail on it, Nice price-point too!

rskapadia2294 said:

hey and wat about us righties?

lol!

ucould2 ucould2 said:

Noticed your a Thom-P-son that's "normal"?

rajmond said:

I think Robert Krakoff (RAZOR president) is left-handed, because he made a special mouse for left-handed gamers (taking the fact that there are not so much left-handed gamers)

Yoda8232 said:

That's good for the lefties, nothing new though tech wise.

Good idea from Razer again.

buttus said:

This is a great product for a niche market sorely missing viable alternatives. Lefties have been long ignored by most mouse manufacturers for quite some time.

EduardsN said:

My friend is a lefty, he got used to a regular mouse though

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

Nice to see the lefties getting some sweet gear.

Docnoq said:

I have one of the 3.5G Deathadders (for righties) and I recommend for any lefty that needs a new mouse. Haven't had any issues with it whatsoever.. although it did take some adjusting as I upgraded from a MX510. The extra ~2k DPI really helps too :-)

Serag said:

A gaming mouse for lefties, what an amazing idea!!

jasonk1229 said:

stupid lefties

sagejay said:

Now I really don't get why people buy "gaming mouse" to play games, I had mine(a regular laser mouse) for maybe 10$ and never had any problems. Is it more something to show off when you play LAN games or something?

compdata compdata, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Thompson said:

Looks like a nice mouse too, good luck lefties.

Obviously someone cares about it - left handed gamers :-) Of course they are a small percentage of the general population, but still a large number non the less.

rufio said:

nice mouse! good price! does it come in righties too? haha