Plus! DME Trial version... kinda

By on January 8, 2003, 10:14 AM
Another news bit sent by our friends at [URL=http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=8275&category=main#comments]Neowin[/URL]:

Microsoft have released Plus! DME (Digital Media Edition) but haven't posted a trial version or extensive infos about it anywhere. The Plus! Digital Media Edition tour site offers some insight but not alot for poor people like me and ultimately the Plus! site also made Plus! for Windows XP look mighty good even though that was a real waste of space!

Anyway our man on the front line has aquired the link to the full version of Plus! DME you can [URL=http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=12581]download it here[/URL] but be aware that it REQUIRES activation!
The skins work (w/o activation) but not much else.

Unregistered said:
how is a trial version???? What you get to try downloading and intalling it and then find out you CAN"T use a single feature unless you buy it? Very very misleading news man
Phantasm66 said:
Why not register on the forums? There's nothing to fear.
Unregistered said:
Not that your comment is relavent to my point but I'm registered on enough forums, and If I didn't require it why?Anyways, my points still valid. Its not a trial of any kind! Its a link to the download but you still need to buy it to try it!
TS | Julio said:
Actually my bad, missed one important bit of information on the post, now updated: "The skins work (w/o activation) but not much else".
Phantasm66 said:
Well just my opinion but if I cared enough about a topic to repeatedly post about it, I would want my name known. If I mean what I say then I put my name to it. Posting unregistered seems more akin to anonymously vandalising a bus shelter than it does taking part in an intelligent discussion. Still, just my opinion. Join if you want to, don't if you don't. But it always seems as if unregistered posts come from an author that has something to hide.
LoneShark said:
really now don't you think you are taking things just a bit too serious? Defender of all that's right in the world?
Phantasm66 said:
Nah, I just like to know who I am talking to. If someone called your home and didn't give their name, would you start chatting away to them??