Halo: Reach available in two special edition packages

By on April 23, 2010, 2:29 PM
Microsoft and Bungie have announced that, along with the standard $60 offering, Halo: Reach will ship in two pricier special edition packages -- depending on how loyal of a fan you are.

First up is the $80 Limited Edition, which is housed in a recovered ONI "black box." It also includes an exclusive in-game Elite armor set for multiplayer modes and an artifact bag with Dr. Halsey's personal journal as well as "other classified documents and effects that unravel long-held secrets from the Halo universe."

For $150, you'll receive the Legendary Edition, which is comprised of the aforementioned goodies in addition to a 10 inch tall, 10 pound Noble Team statue designed by McFarlane Toys, UNSC-themed packaging, and an exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect.

Halo: Reach is due for release this fall and all of the mentioned versions are currently available for preorder at participating stores.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I'm under the impression that the last Halo game wasn't that well received. Wonder how many of these high-end pre-orders they'll actually sell.

gobbybobby said:

I will buy the $80 one but not the $150. In the Uk they end up about £20 cheaper if you shop around anyway. These prices are RRP. WIll be cheaper.

''depending on how loyal of a fan you are''

Im sorry I am a Loyal Halo fan. Played since Halo 1. I can not afford the most expensive one. If I could I would but I can't.

That game is still around??? Meh....Halo days are long over.

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

"For only 250% of the Standard Edition price, you can get the Legendary Edition which includes a 10 pound rock!"

I seriously don't understand how anybody could shell out that much just for a "Limited Edition". It's a game. That's more than half of the price for a full console.

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

I wonder if they are going to mass product the legendary one like they did for Halo 3. If so I think I'll pick one up in 9 months when they are 1/3 the price.

the only reason i would ever buy the legendary edition would be for the flaming head...that statue thing is just stupid. but i wont buy it because i would have to pay more than twice as much for some hugeass box and a stupid statue...still...flaming head...*salivating* the limited edition looks good though.

didn't play odst,but a fan of the first 3,the statue looks sick,collect em,so i'll have to make room for this one.

Nah dude, they are only doing Preorder. Its the whole "last game" thing. They wanna keep it like a collectable.

Armanian said:

Just pre-ordered my Legendary Kit, the spartan armour is FLAMIN HOT! lol

To all the people who have doubts about Halo 3: Reach

Halo 3 sold 8 million copies, and it is still on of the most played games on the consoles. With Reach being bigger and better, there is no doubt in my mind that it will execed expectations. I will probley buy the $150

i am a loyal halo fan.... you know one of those people that wish they could play halo 24/7

but even i cant see payinf that much.. just buy the limited edition and you get both spartan and

elite armor... flaming head is too much of a target lol

EXCellR8 EXCellR8, The Conservative, said:

if i were forced to play halo 24/7 i would execute myself. way too much mediocre-ness for me

there's no way Bungie can top the original, so from my perspective the game isn't even worth paying the regular $60