Weekend game deals: 50% off Fallout 3, 33% off Dragon Age

By on August 6, 2010, 2:33 PM
Valve salutes most weekends with heavily discounted Steam games, and what better way to kick off the end of your workweek? More deals, of course! Instead of highlighting just one or two bargains, we've gathered PC game sales from a number of popular distributors. If we missed a noteworthy title or if you think another service should be added to the list, by all means, speak up in the comments.

Steam
Gratuitous Space Battles 75% off ($4.99)
realMYST 17% off ($4.99)
Riven: The Sequel to MYST 17% off ($4.99)
Worms Reloaded preorder 10% off ($17.99)
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days preorder 10% off ($44.99)

More game deals after the jump.
Impulse
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box 50% off ($14.99
Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic 50% off ($24.99)
Lost Planet Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition 50% off ($9.99)

Direct2Drive
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition 50% off ($24.95)
Death Track: Resurrection 75% off ($12.95)
All CDV Games 50% off

Good Old Games
TopWare Pack 50% off ($31.90)

EA Store
Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition 33% off ($20.07)

DokkRokken said:

Great price for Fallout GOTY. You can easily spend 100+ hours in that game and its DLC's, and have plenty of replay value years onward.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Ditto what DokkRokken said. That game makes my list as the #1 best game I've ever played. And we're talking 20+ years of computer gaming here.

Has anyone played that "Gratuitous Space Battles" game? Looks like it could be interesting.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Has everyone tried Alien Swarm yet? for a free game its soo good! me and my friends are currently doing a LAN on it!

Vrmithrax Vrmithrax, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I've done GSB... Had a demo of it for a while. It's one of those "build your ships, array them out and just watch as the 2 sides duke it out" varieties of games. It's all about your ship builds and some strategy on how you place them on your side of the screen.

Definitely try the demo if you can first. I enjoyed it for a while, but not so sure it's got much replay factor for me. Your mileage may vary.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Yeah, i've played that before, its definately got some longativity to it but gets a bit... tedious after a while.

Wow, I don't know if I missed the announcement, but is TechSpot now going to inform us of game deals every week (or every week there is a good enough deal to post)? Because if that's the case, by all means do it!

It's incredible... I actually WANT Steam to take my money. They must really be doing something good.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

That's the plan guest, yes. We generally cover Steam's weekend sales, but there are so many other great services available as well. We intend to include many of those deals in a weekly post -- if there are enough to justify it, of course.

Staff
Julio Franco Julio Franco, TechSpot Editor, said:

We've been doing it for months now (posting weekly game deals), albeit we tend to skip them whenever we don't feel they are good enough.... this week wasn't the case, of course.

motrin said:

I like seeing these post about deals. Sometimes I forget to check, also the windows updates, very helpful!

As for the non-steam sales, meh.. I only use steam.

Now, if only Burnout and Lost planet had an active online community :(

We live in the word of halo and call of duty :S

DokkRokken said:

Don't know if this is allowed, but here's a link to GamersGate which is having a big Summer sale. Each week is a different theme, and this one is for RPG's. Some very good deals in here:

tonylukac said:

You actually need Windows XP or lower to play Riven, preferably Windows 95/98. Get out that Microsoft Virtual PC (a little buggy) and a version of that Windows. Cheap tho.