Valve releases Portal 2 co-op teaser trailer

By on August 23, 2010, 2:00 PM
A couple of months ago Valve revealed that its highly-anticipated puzzle shooter Portal 2 would introduce an entire set of levels with their own storyline designed specifically for co-operative action. The new mode puts players in control of two "infinitely respawning robots" that were created by GlaDOS to replace humans.

In the latest episode of GameTrailers TV, Portal 2 writer Eric Wolpaw gives us a little more details about the game's co-op mode and shares the short teaser that we've posted above. The thirty-second clip doesn't show much, but it does show the two Aperture bots that gamers will play as, and gives a basic idea of how they'll need to work together in Portal 2.

Wolpaw says that the reason Portal 2's co-op levels are completely different is because "four portals changes everything" and that it will be impossible to solve a chamber using just one player's set of portals. In other words, get ready to wrap your head around more complex puzzles and game mechanics when Portal 2 launches on February 9, 2011.

EXCellR8 EXCellR8, The Conservative, said:

looks hilarious... pixar would be proud

kyosuke said:

lol is this a teaser of a teaser trailer? Anyway still looks good

Wow, 31 seconds is not a teaser; more like torture!

The co-op looks so witty, I can't wait. Just give us the footage Valve!

Trillionsin Trillionsin said:

I wonder in my mind can handle it... I didnt the advanced chambers of the first one, but some of them took me some time to figure out... now with all the new "things" they are introducing... I feel like I will be trying to figure some of these out untill my head explodes!!! GMO

Trillionsin Trillionsin said:

trillionsin said:

I mean.."I did the advanced chambers"... Not that anyone really cares that much... just had to fix the typo.

motrin said:

i love this idea! but one thing.. is portal2 going to be co-op only game? and what about the damned souls with slow internet! what ov them!?!

princeton princeton said:

motrin said:

If you would read you would have seen it says the Co-op is seperate from the single player campaign. It's single and co-op.

motrin said:

thanks for answering and pointing out my idiocy