Weekend game deals: 50% off Risen, 33% off F1 2010

By on November 12, 2010, 3:14 PM
The drought continues this weekend as online dealers prepare to bombard you with irresistible bargains through Black Friday and Christmas. Steam offers 50% off the action RPG Risen, and 33% off F1 2010. Impulse has cut 50% off the East India Company Collection as well as its entire portfolio of "E"-rated casual games. Meanwhile, Direct2Drive has reduced Aion: Assault on Balaurea by 50%, Microsoft has chopped 75% off Osmos, and GOG has discounted its entire JoWooD catalog.

Steam
Risen $14.99 (50% off)
F1 2010 $26.79 (33% off)
Bejeweled 3 $17.99 (10% off)
Guardians of Graxia $8.99 (10% off)

Impulse
East India Company Collection $14.99 (50% off)
Hunting Unlimited 2011 $9.99 (50% off)
BOH $5.50 (50% off)
Light of Altair $7.49 (50% off)
Hacker Evolution $9.99 (50% off)
All eGames 50% off

Direct2Drive
Aion: Assault on Balaurea $19.95 (50% off)
Enter to win five ultimate PC games

Games for Windows
Osmos $2.49 (75% off)

Good Old Games
JoWooD games 30% to 50% off

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I haven't owned a hunting game in forever. For ten lousy bucks I might have to pick up that Hunting Unlimited.

No keys for Risen yet... tut tut Steam,

FransB said:

Never heard of Risen.

cyrusjumpjet cyrusjumpjet said:

Risen looks beautiful from the screenshots..... is that enough to tempt 15 bucks from my wallet? nope.

Been spending too much disposable income on Steam games anyway!

I was tempted by Risen....45min in and I'm wishing I'd resisted.

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I want new TF2 (And/or cs:source) discount

hamitaltintop22 said:

I am considering risen, however$ 15 is still too high. Compared to its previous price this price is pretty good, however compared to the awesome steam sales for high quality games the price isn't that good. For example, I paid$ 15 for the witcher and there is no way risen is as good as the witcher.

treetops treetops said:

I guess theres a reason they dont provide a risen video, its pretty but its likely like every other mmo ever made, slow and boring.

sMILEY4ever said:

Treetops said:

Next time google or youtube it

limpangel limpangel said:

I think I'll wait for the holiday sales. Steam emptied my pocket last year, and this year won't be different.

Yeah... Risen isn't an MMO, it's a single-player RPG by the original developers of the Gothic series. Based on what I've seen of it (watched my brother play it fora good while back when it first came out), I'd say it's easily worth the $15.

The whole "selling products they don't have keys for without so much as a notification to that effect" bit is pretty shady though - bad Steam, bad!