Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones lets users discover songs/artists/albums, as well as buy and download tracks over Wi-Fi or via your data plan. If users are running BlackBerry OS 6, Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones integrates with the universal search feature so users can search by title or artist from the BlackBerry home screen and see Amazon MP3 appear as a search option. Users can also share their latest musical finds with their friends by sending comments and links for specific tracks through BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), e-mail, SMS, Facebook, and Twitter.
Here are the official key features:
- Music Discoverability - Browse the Amazon catalog by what's new, top songs, top albums, and genres; choose from over a million albums, and 14 million songs - all competitively priced and DRM free
- New Music Deals Everyday - Check back daily for a free song of the day and daily album deals
- Bookmarks - Easily bookmark songs or albums for preview or to download at a later time
- Gift Cards - Redeem promotional or Amazon gift card codes directly from the app
- Preview - Listen to a 30-second sample before buying
- Parental Control - Adjust the explicit content control settings
"Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones makes it fun and easy to get new music and we're thrilled to work with Amazon to bring this service to users," Alistair Mitchell, Vice President of BBM Platform and Integrated Services, said in a statement. "Users can directly access Amazon MP3's massive catalogue to easily find, preview and buy music through the BlackBerry media player, and then share their thoughts with their social circle, giving them a uniquely BlackBerry experience that combines communications with multimedia."
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: