SFW or NSFW? Software firm hiring only naked web coders

By on April 7, 2011, 11:18 AM
Nude House, a computer software company in Buckinghamshire, UK is looking to recruit female web coders who are prepared to work in a "warm and private" naturist office environment. The company is also looking for naked sales people tempting customers to buy, as well as nudists to provide free technical support. An ad titled "Nude Web Coders Wanted" has been placed on Craigslist, offering part-time or full-time positions and customers "who never meet you and will not know you are nude."

"As far as I am aware this is not only the first UK office job for naturists in web-coding or web-selling, but is also the first worldwide facility for naturists to earn substantial sums of money from work that incidentally provides them with the capability to work entirely without clothes," Nude House founder Chris Taylor told The Register. Because it is the first establishment in the world it is difficult to advertise many seem to confuse the issue of being without clothes as being a place without concerns for personal freedom, where sex is paramount in its many varied forms. Sex does not play a part in naturism yes one is aware of differences in sex and size and shape and age of everyone, but the concern is on sales and technical ability, not availability."

Taylor, a naturist for 20 years, insisted that the only reason he had advertised for female staff was because he wanted the office to be less male-dominated, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. So far, seven women have applied for the jobs, which pay 24,000 ($37,600).

The company website is pretty explicit (no pun intended) about its requirements: "New applicants will be required to work in the nude from the time they arrive at work until they leave to go home. Nude means no clothes whatsoever and no shoes either. All new applicants will be naturists and could be males or females."

Nude House's principal software is called "Move your Mouse', which essentially allows administrators to add popups to photos on their website. When a user moves his or her mouse over a so-called "hot-spot," the system shows a name, a long text comment, and an image. Clicking the mouse when the user sees the popup will open a new webpage.

Raswan Raswan said:

They must be spending a lot on keeping the seats in the conference room clean.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I live near there! I am soo applying for this! pays better as well! and with Women that fit i'm am all of a sudden a naturist

Lokalaskurar Lokalaskurar said:

burty117 said:

Every man and woman has his/her price.

Insane :)

If the girls are like on this picture this workplace could be nice :)

intelinside said:

Can I get a job there? If I have a hairy body with out of shape packs, am I qualified?

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

You know the women are going to be nothing like that in the picture! I do think the company owner is, umm, going somewhere with this though. "Taylor, a naturist for 20 years, insisted that the only reason he had advertised for female staff was because he wanted the office to be less male-dominated"

20 year old wants to get sum!

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

Damn I made a mistake, still, old perv wants sum lol

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

"will not know you're nude"

They will now.

"So Mr. Thimblebottom, we can finish work on your web site in about three days."

"How big are your boobs?"

"Sir! Let us keep this professional!"

"Are you the blonde or the brunette? Please be the blonde."

"Sir! I am afraid I cannot continue this conversation if you persist talking like this!"

"I'm sorry, I'll behave. Is it cold in your office?"

"Not really, its actually quite comfort....SIR!!!!"

@burty117

I nominate you to go on special assignment for TechSpot and get to the bottom of this story.

Although judging by the old phone and CRT monitor, the photo may be dated.

@burty

I dont think the female co-workers will appreciate your 24/7 boner

Archean Archean, TechSpot Paladin, said:

+1 gwail

Even the cell in the picture is from pre-historic times.

stewi0001 stewi0001 said:

I'm thinking the guy is a perv.

calling bull on that, he doesn't want to see other naked guys

madboyv1, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Ha ha gwailo, take one for the team~

Jibberish18 said:

If the women looked like that, it'd be hard for me to work there. My boner would bump into everything before I did.

MilwaukeeMike said:

Let me help bring you back to reality.... have you ever seen pictures of those 'natural' protests, where women go topless to oppose gender roles or something of the sort? Ever seen one of those shows about a nudist camp? While there are probably is somewhere an attractive woman in one of these places, the vast (as in like ALL) majority are people you do NOT want to see with their clothes off. Walk around your office and picture everyone naked and then think if you'd be willing to skip lunch. I'll bet it's a yes. These people are only hot in your head.

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Jibberish18 said:

I hear you.

Can you imagine, EVERY TIME you get to work you get an instant 8-hour boner? It would be miserable for me seeing them completely naked and not do anything. (I imagine them seeing us naked wouldn't be any easier, contrary to popular belief.)

*Switches tab before girlfriend sees article*

madboyv1, TechSpot Paladin, said:

milwaukeemike said:

Maybe in the US/west europe. Have you seen the feminist/naturalist protests in Ukraine/Russia? I guess they are in a completely different league. Ironically in more than one occasion they have been upset at men being physically attracted to them while they were protesting... lol

"If you're h*ng like a horse, and you're working there, GUARANTEED you'll do EVERY woman in that office (especially those two sitting there). Hey, just saying. The office Christmas party would be EPIC!"

It would be more like the Christmas Office Orgy.

I wonder if this really works for a guy over forty with an overgrowth of old man hair?

if you are a man and you think they'll hire you over a better looking woman ... hahahahaha

if you are a somewhat ugly/fat female good luck getting hired

i dont trust gimmicky places like this

Four words:

Time of the month

Coffee break ? nah, orgy break. i'd totally **** the 2 broads in that pictures when they're bending over to pick up their pencil...

ihaveaname said:

Wouldn't it be cold?

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

Sheesh, make an article about naturists/nudists and all of the Guests come straight out of the gutter.

Wendig0 Wendig0, TechSpot Paladin, said:

raswan said:

They must be spending a lot on keeping the seats in the conference room clean.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading the story... lol

I wonder if they have a 'no mexican food at work' policy?

Just take a look at their website... legit firm? i don't think so.

If they really are a legit firm and software coders, then ****, they're going to need to update their website very soon if they want to get anywhere.

I don't think "naturist" means walking around the office ogling the ladies while sporting wood.

Im in the wrong business

What if Aunt Flow's in town lol...? Tampons are not enough for heavy days, and wearing underwear on such occasions is like letting everyone know you're on the rag.

PinothyJ said:

Do they actually create any real software of value?

stewi0001 stewi0001 said:

PinothyJ said:

Do they actually create any real software of value?

If you look at their poorly made website, I would say not...

How can you claim to be a naturists while working in an office, using technology, and cranking up the heater?

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Four words:

Time of the month

Uh-oh...

I approve greatly

I agree no one wants to sit on a bunch of white gunk

do the callers have to get nude before calling

So basically you get to work naked (very progressive) yet work on 10 year old computers with giant CRT monitors.

I want to work here SO FREAK'IN BAD. Please- I'll start at minimum wage. I'll be the office Go-fer. The Janitor. The window washer. Anything. Oh Please, please, pretty please...

avoidz avoidz said:

"Sex does not play a part in naturism...."

Riiiiiight.

Disgusting, look at that! CRT monitors... WTF!?.