Weekend Open Forum: Your last meal

By on June 17, 2011, 7:18 PM

Let's take a break from the usual tech talk. Here's the situation: you have a day to live and one last dinner to eat. What would it be? Takeout from your favorite pizza joint? Your grandma's world famous macaroni and cheese? Liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti?

I think I'd keep things simple: a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a large cup of black coffee. By the way, that monstrosity below is Japan's Windows 7 Whopper.

Chazz said:

I don't think I'd eat. I don't really have a comfort food...or any type of emotional attachment to food that I'm familiar with. I don't know what I'd do with my time but eating would be last on my list.

HaMsTeYr HaMsTeYr said:

A great plate of Pollo e Funghi Fettucini for me please I love that stuff

A whole Bo Ssam from momofuku.

LinkedKube LinkedKube, TechSpot Project Baby, said:

I'll take that burger. Thank YOu.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Well, if blindness is not an issue, then 64 slices of American cheese.

But probably a few pounds of carne asada would do me nicely, or pretty much any kind of roasted animal flesh.

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

Hell's Kitchen dish from Eastside Marios, with a large bowl of Cesar salad and a large jones soda rootbeer float.

Nima304 said:

Muffin tops. Lots of muffin tops. You know, muffins without the bottom parts?

mario mario, Ex-TS Developer, said:

Porterhouse steak. Want one, kill me now!

Staff
Erik Erik said:

octopus ceviche -> white rice, mashed potatoes, breaded carne -> cherry babarua -> orange juice from el manaba

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Nima304 said:

Muffin tops. Lots of muffin tops. You know, muffins without the bottom parts?

Chubby girls in tight fitting tops?

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

"DEAD STEER WALKING........"!

Well, New York Strip Steak, sauteed mushrooms, Sweet corn on the cob, and of course, baked potato...!

And for dessert... a hot fudge over french vanilla ice cream sundae.

Wash the whole thing down with the real vitamin "C", good old fashioned Coca-Cola. (I'm a creature of habit that hates Pepsi.).

The after dinner mints? Why Xanax of course.......

dividebyzero dividebyzero, trainee n00b, said:

gwailo247 said:

Nima304 said:

Muffin tops. Lots of muffin tops. You know, muffins without the bottom parts?

Chubby girls in tight fitting tops?

Hey, I don't think there was any stipulation about how many calories could be ingested...although that might be a moot point if they don't come with "bottom parts"...sort of a "Boxing Helena" type scenario I presume.

As for real food...

Duck Confit over pomme puree with honey glazed carrots, deep-fried mushrooms, oven roasted balsamic vinegar marinated tomatoes, steamed snow peas, and finished with a pinot noir and vanilla jus

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

As for real food...

OK, that's just grandstanding...

[link]

fritanga with lots of chunchullo and papita criolla..

dividebyzero dividebyzero, trainee n00b, said:

OK, that's just grandstanding...

Hey, I though I was being fairly self-effacing by not including an American entrée

Wendig0 Wendig0, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I'll take a 10oz. filet mignon rare, with boiled lobster tail and steamed asparagus w/ lemon. To wash it all down, a bottle of Chateau 1997 Fumé Blanc Reserve.

Profit

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

dividebyzero said:

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

LOL. You win.

The fugu school could use you as their final exam.

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

Cool. I'll take one of those in place of the salad......

I'd go with, my own legs. I might be full after one, but I wouldn't worry about overeating in this kinda situation. I guess I'd just eat as much as I could and then barf it up and keep eating. That works just fine. To me, it's not just food. It's like an intellectual meal. I've always wondered what my legs would taste like, so in that way, it would be satisfying both the body and the mind. It's not that I've put a lot of thought into this. I mean, I haven't even considered what kinda marinade goes with man-legs. I wouldn't eat it raw, you know? I'm not gonna be nasty about it. I'd have to make a proper meal, with brocoli and stuff. Maybe with cheese? I dunno. What do you guys think?

Archean Archean, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Not sure about 'ethical/other' issues arising out of eating your legs guest, but the most revolting food I've seen people eating was 'cockroaches/cockroach sandwiches' on some TV show ............ (I think it was about Japanese food etc.)

Personally I have absolutely no favorite food, however, I do have a small list of things I dislike, so as long as something is not on that list, I'd go with it.

ET3D, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Intravenous food. I mean, if I'm going to die, it's most likely that I'm not capable of doing much in my current state.

Xclusiveitalian Xclusiveitalian said:

As many homemade BLT's I could eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff
Julio Franco Julio Franco, TechSpot Editor, said:

I would have a juicy bone-in rib eye with fries and a coke.

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

I think you probably could have spared us this.

Cota Cota said:

Rice Krispies whit sightly less of the normal milk and maple syrup <.< >.>

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Of all the things you could say, you came up with this? Sad.

Lurker101 said:

Tiger steak with grated puffin. If I'm going out, I might as well take some endangered species with me.

Spareribs and Sauerkraut.

mmmmm...

fpsgamerJR62 said:

Big Mac, large order of fries and an ice cold can of Coke. I don't think anyone is going to give me grief over my sodium, fat and sugar consumption on that day. By the way, I think I'll pass on that "Windows 7 Whooper" thing. The last thing I want to do on my last day on this planet is choke to death on a monster burger .

NeoFlux said:

Chicken Tabaka - anytime anywhere...

I would like to eat anything from "La Cuccina di Nonna Nina" in Camogli, Italy. A really delicious restourant! :D

Well, i would eat ambrosia and live on for ever!

Ithryl said:

If I had a day to live I'd probably consider eating anything a waste of time. If I had to choose though I'd probably go for a simple blueberry pie. Trying Fugu could be a good idea as well as one of the posters above already said.

rajmond said:

Pizza Salami with pepperoni on it...and some Feta cheese (Feta cheese is white cheese from Balkan-Europe, and it is the most delicious cheese in the world

SalaSSin said:

Hmm, for starters:

a glass of Château d'Yquem (Sauterne) with a big slice of Foie Gras on sweet bread.

Next up:

a "Salade Landaise" (with smoked duck filet, duck liver, pine nuts & foie gras) with a nice glass Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.

As "entremet": a Colonel (Lemon sorbet with vodka)

To follow up:

A big T-Bone Steak with belgian fries (french fries don't exist, it's a Belgian invention!) and a nice Rochefort 10° brown trappist beer.

As dessert:

Some crêpes with vanilla ice and "flambé" with Armagnac

And as a digestive:

a glass of 30 year old Glenfiddich Single Malt Whiskey (without ice!!)

Oh man, getting a really watery mouth here!

SalaSSin said:

I asked the same question to my girlfriend, here's what she came up with:

Start with a glass of Champagne

Then, the 3 preparations of Foie Gras (cru, mi-cuit, cuit (check it on fr.wikipedia.org))

Starter: a Salade Landaise (as in my post)

Next up: Rabbit Stew

Dessert: a Crumble pie with crême patissière (she's French, and i'm having difficulties translating, as i'm not a native english speaker).

Btw: as an alternative for my own T-Bone steak: Carbonnade flamande!!

SalaSSin said:

Damn, she's insisting i add a dish which i've forgotten:

Scallops with sautéed leek

Did i say she was french? ;-)

spikester48661 spikester48661 said:

Steak and fries,beer and a woman its all I can eat.

Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Now aint that death in a bun.

For me, it's my mother's sunday dinner. It's just utter perfection on a plate.

hahahanoobs hahahanoobs said:

All you can eat at any of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants.

pizza and bbq'd burgers

benken2202001 said:

Wiener Schitzler with Potatoe Salad and Pommes (From Vienna, where they use the real yellow potatoes). Then a Gulash suppe with bread and a cold BitBurger.

I guess some Otis Spunkmeyer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for desert, with milk.

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

Natasha Yi
Implants and all?

TrekExpert TrekExpert said:

As much pie as I can possibly eat.

TechM633 said:

I would request to go to Mcdonalds..........and then make a break for it. What do you gotta lost at that point? If they catch you, well you were gonna die anyways.............if they dont.........you get to eat your favorite food a lot more. LOL!

TechM633 said:

techm633 said:

Pardon the spelling.......

"lose" not "lost".

Archean Archean, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Just a small point TechM, you can always edit your posts ......