Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition detailed

By on September 1, 2011, 11:13 AM

A leaked European flyer details everything that is included in the Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The highly anticipated game isn’t scheduled for release until November 8, but some lucky gamers will have the opportunity to check out the game this weekend at a special event in Los Angeles.

An anonymous source provided the leaked picture to Wired which indicates Hardened will come with a one year Call of Duty: Elite membership, a collectible SteelBook case, special in-game founder status, a 100-page collectible field journal, a Special Ops outfit for your Live avatar, PSN animated timeline theme and unique art on the game disc.

Again, this leak is regarding the European version only, however the US flavors have remained identical in previous releases.

Modern Warfare 3 will be offered in three different versions: the regular retail game, the Hardened Edition and the top-of-the-line Prestige Edition. Although no pricing was mentioned, previous Call of Duty launches have seen Hardened sell for $80 and Prestige go for $150.

It’s likely that many more details about the game will be released this weekend at the first-ever Call of Duty XP fan event hosted in Los Angeles. Fans of the series will have the opportunity to play the game’s multiplayer mode as well as participate in a host of COD-related live events, such as playing paintball in a real-world recreation of Modern Warfare 2’s Scrapyard map and chowing down at Burger Town.

Tickets for the two-day event are $150 which includes a copy of Hardened when it's released. All attendees must be 18 years of age or older. 100 percent of ticket sales go to the Call of Duty Endowment fund, a non-profit organization that helps veterans find work and establish a career as they transition back to civilian life.

aint nobody can polish ****

Darkshadoe Darkshadoe said:

Actually under the right circumstances, you can polish shit. This has been proven on Mythbusters.

robert bowling, your mom should have swallowed you

pcnthuziast said:

I've actually enjoyed most of the CoD SP campaigns over the years, but the MP is... well... not BF. Nuff said.

Holyscrap said:

@darkshadoe +1 to that (i love Mythbusters too) Also the phrase has a metaphorical meaning too, but this and every meaning of the phrase was rendered pretty much useless by this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_shit

Literally £97,250 for a piece of shit xD

Just give me my freaking hardened edition and im happy

Wot about Prestige Edition? It would just be this and a special item

yall are dumb you keep saying its play station this and that but if you look at the flyer from the suppoused leak its the xbox 360 disc lmao

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I really hope this CoD is absolutely crap in every sense of the "Crap" as I want the franchise to die. What Activision did to the orginal developer (Infinity Ward) was diabolical and every game since their departure has been rubbish.

In a way I hope this is a good game as I can still play CoD2 and MW and find both quite fun, MW2 was a complete let down multiplayer wise and BO was aweful. I have actually purchased a CoD since MW anyhow. Although 90% of me wants this game to fail miserably.

wanting a franchise to die that supports veterans looking for a *new* life is truly disturbing Burty117..so sad of u do think that about a situation...if u dont like it then have nothing to say rather than post negative comments...the world needs less people that thinks like u

your right, modern warfare 2 was a letdown in multiplayer but not half as much as black ops -.-

if modern warfare 3 can A) get rid of tactical insertion completely and B) sort the F***KING spawn systems out then i will be a happy ps3 user :)

Arris Arris said:

[link]

I wasn't aware of this and I'm sure Burty117 wasn't either. It's good that they give money to this cause but it doesn't excuse the game being poor. I enjoyed MW2 as I hadn't played the original MW or World at War so it was something new to me. I ignored Black Ops completely as for me it was very much MW2.5. A new upgrade/perk system and maps. Nothing much else was added. If you think of any other type of software these upgrades would probably be sold as a service pack rather than a full application. This is how I feel about the milking that is being performed on the CoD cash cow.