Latest Humble Bundle offers Bastion, Psychonauts, Limbo and more

By on May 31, 2012, 6:00 PM

In what may be its finest promotion yet, the latest Humble Indie Bundle kicked off today with five highly rated indie games for less than the price of one. In case you're unfamiliar with the formula, the service lets you set your own price for the titles involved. Pay less than the average rate (currently $7.38 and rising) and you'll get Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, Limbo and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. Pay more than the average price, and you'll get Bastion as well.

All five games work on Windows, Mac and Linux with modest requirements that should play nice with most modern machines (Amnesia: The Dark Descent might not run well on integrated graphics or very low-end cards). Bastion, Limbo, Sword & Sworcery, and Amnesia were considered some of last year's best games -- indie or otherwise -- with average review ratings in the mid to high 80s. Psychonauts dates back to 2005 and despite its relatively poor sales, it also has very high ratings:

You'll have to spend more than $1 if you want at Steam key and paying less than that doesn't leave the organization much profit after transaction fees anyway. Your payment can be split anyway you want between the event organizers, the developers and charities including the EFF and Child's Play. So far, 145,000 gamers have spent over a million bucks (with 14 days to go!) and the highest submission is $3,000. Windows users have spent an average of $6.81, $8.87 for Mac and $11.39 for Linux.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

Just purchased - though I wish I didn't already own Psychonauts on Steam and retail. Would really love to be able to move my current steam version of it to my daughter... but such is life. Maybe one day I'll actually play some of the games I own.

Psychonauts is truly an amazing game.

Are Windows users really such cheapskates?

And Mac users should be ashamed to be beaten by Linux!

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I'm starting to hate HumbleBundle, and loving indie royale, indie gala is not that great... they repeat the same games in the bundles.

Though the last both have options to add game by game to steam so if you have one you can gift it to someone else.

Ma_ga said:

excelent pack, I'm buying it a few day ahead.

Anyone know if all the games are tied by 1 steam key, or there are multiple steam key for the games?

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

There are 2 steam keys given - one for Bastion and one for the rest of the games.

Windows will have the highest percentage of users by far, which will drag down the average. Still, makes me feel bad to see my platform always at the bottom. I always buy the Indie Bundles (despite the fact I always already own most of the games), and always pay above the average.

Coodu Coodu said:

Psychonauts is truly an amazing game.

Are Windows users really such cheapskates?

And Mac users should be ashamed to be beaten by Linux!

Windows has a much higher userbase so that throws off the numbers a bit as Guest mentioned above me. I always felt Linux users were the least tight :P Maybe it's just a personal thing (I use Windows)

On topic: This is a really solid bundle. I however have soooooo many games in my backlog I actually have stopped buying games for a bit while I catch up. But damn this is tempting!

Don't forget, they come with the soundtracks (in FLAC and MP3 format) for each of these games.

Wagan8r Wagan8r said:

I'm a little disappointed. The Humble Indie Bundle always has such entertaining videos. It's just not the same without a couple of Sean Connery and Arnold Schwartzenegger impressions.

w3b0n said:

Super cool! I don't have a lot of money on my pockets but its cool to know that I can help with a little grain of sand to the cause and have a couple of nice indie games.

I already have bastion, but I might be able to gave it to some friend.

Coodu Coodu said:

Yeah that's true, I really loved the Samarost 2, Botanicula, Machinarium and Frozen Synapse ones too.

spectrenad said:

simply awesome. <3

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I already have bastion, but I might be able to gave it to some friend.

Nope you are not able to do so, you get the pack and if you have one of them you are not able to do something with it.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

You can give the Steam code away - it's separate for Bastion.