Vizio's M-Series edge-to-edge HDTVs are now shipping

By on May 29, 2013, 8:30 AM
vizio, tv, hdtv, m-series, hdtvs, edge-to-edge design

If you’ve been eyeballing a sleek new HDTV with one of those ultra tiny bezels but the price tag has kept you at bay thus far, listen up. Vizio is now shipping their new M-Series Razor LED televisions with, you guessed it, a minimalistic bezel that starts at just $399 – that’s a price we can all get behind.

The televisions in question were first shown off at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show back in January. Each set contains common features like a 1080p panel with 240Hz refresh rate as well as LED edge lighting. And since these are smart televisions, they come pre-loaded with all of your favorite streaming apps like Amazon Video on Demand, Hulu Plus, Netflix and Vudu, just to name a few.

The company said in a press release that the base and neck feature metal construction for added stability. The metallic finish is also said to complement the overall design of the set.

The near-borderless models are available in a full range of screen size classes including 32" (M321i), 40" (M401i), 47" (M471i), 50" (M501d), 55" (M551d), 60" (M601d), 65" (M651d), 70" (M701d) and 80" (M801d). For reference, the mammoth 80-inch set will set you back $3,999.

For a bit more coin, prospective buyers can spring for a model that’s 3D capable via battery free glasses. Note, however, that 3D is only available on 50” and larger sets.

Vizio’s newest line is available as of writing through multiple retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and others.

amstech amstech, TechSpot Enthusiast, said:

Great candidates for eyefinity/3DS setups.

StopMakingSense said:

Great candidates for eyefinity/3DS setups.

Yes, if you have a ginormous desk. The smallest model is 32"!

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

They do look nice but soon All HDTV's will look like this.

spydercanopus spydercanopus said:

32" edgeless LED for $399? That's an amazing deal.

JC713 JC713 said:

I never liked Vizios. The prices are great but the quality is just not there though.

Kelly Kufeldt Kelly Kufeldt said:

Compared to all the other tv's I see on display, I think the Vizio's have a much nicer picture than any of the others!

I agree. I own the Vizio XVT3D554SV and I can tell you I was going to buy a Samsung set until I was able to see the two sets side by side in an upscale electronics showroom. The picture quality of the Vizio was unsurpassed by the Samsung and Sony models which sold for $500-$800 more.

Vizio has come a long way in the last couple of years. Quality and reliability is much better

JC713 JC713 said:

They may look nice, but I find the overall quality and functionality of Sony and Samsungs TVs, especially Samsungs Smart TVs, superior.

1 person liked this | St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

50 inch and above is with 3D, no other options. 60 inch is $1,599. That's still a good $600 over-priced.

The tech is so damn old, I don't know why we're all paying these inflated prices. I picked up a 42inch LCD for $400 last year, 3D included.

davislane1 davislane1 said:

We've got a Samsung and a Vizio HDTV (both 46" I believe). As far as general picture and reliability are concerned, the Vizio is much better. Unless you are very meticulous about fine tuning the display settings -- in which case the Samsung is superior -- I have to disagree with JC713. If we're going to the best bang for the buck, Vizio all the way.

JC713 JC713 said:

Yeah, no doubt Vizio is the best bang for the buck, but I just dont like the colors on Vizio TVs. I am one of those display geeks who is pretty picky about quality. For the average user, it is really up to what the best price is.

ikesmasher said:

I like vizios because they are an american company. But if I was korean, I suppose I would prefer Samsung.

And honestly, in terms of picture, I have a hard time distinguishing any major differences between the two.

But if I had a decent graphics card, I would pick 3 of these things up....

JC713 JC713 said:

But if I had a decent graphics card, I would pick 3 of these things up....

I am American also, but I just like samsung tvs better.