RockStar releases five-minute GTA V gameplay video

By on July 9, 2013, 11:05 AM

Rockstar on Tuesday released a gameplay trailer for Grand Theft Auto 5. We’re still a few months away from the game’s worldwide release but the five-minute trailer should certainly whet your appetite until the September 17 launch date rolls around.

The trailer itself is a bit different in that it plays out more like a guided tour than simply clips of the in-game action. The majority of the clip showcases the unique experience of being able to control three different protagonists at will. This appears to be incredibly advantageous during high-stakes missions or heists but it can also give players a leg-up between missions when open-world exploration is desired.

As you’ll no doubt see in the embedded clip above, GTA V looks to be on another level compared to previous franchise releases. The expansive world is more reminiscent of what gamers would find in Just Cause 2, which is certainly a good thing.

Naturally, a map of this size needs a ton of things to do for those with short attention spans and luckily, RockStar delivers. There are vehicles to customize, planes to fly, wardrobes to coordinate, sports like tennis and golf to play, animals to spot, hunt and be hunted by and for the first time, oceans to explore.

Grand Theft Auto 5 has been confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 but as of writing, no word yet if it’s destined for the PC. A recent job listing for a graphic programmer as well as the mention of working with skilled developers on next generation games, however, hints that we could see the title show up on PC and next generation consoles at some point.

1 person liked this | TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

The Map looks quite big, maybe it will be almost as diverse as San Andreas was, even without Las Venturas and San Fierro. And well, I really hope this will come to PC and gets a good port. I probably will have to get some upgrades to run it properly even if the port is good, though.

Can't pass up on this.

Blkfx1 Blkfx1 said:

I think I'm the only gamer who isn't excited about the next GTA. :sigh:

3 people like this | Guest said:

I would be excited if they would actually release on PC along with consoles, rather than wait over a year to make a sloppy port. But I will admit, it looks pretty good.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I think I'm the only gamer who isn't excited about the next GTA. :sigh:

Yeah. Isn't it nice to know you're unique, just like everyone else.

1 person liked this | Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

This is the only game that's really piqued my interest in the last 18 months. If it doesn't come to PC then my interest will evaporate. I still play GTA IV & EFLC on a regular basis.

IAMTHESTIG said:

This game looks like so much fun.... I really hope they release it for PC and do a decent job. I'll be quite disappointed if they don't. I too play GTA IV still, well over 300 hours into it. I've played the single player through 3 times full. And V looks like its way bigger, with way more stuff to do, and two more characters to play.

Come on R*, support your local PC gamers with a solid port of this game. I wish this could of been treated like how you treated Max Payne 3, but with such a vast and complex game I still want it on PC.

1 person liked this | H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I think I'm the only gamer who isn't excited about the next GTA. :sigh:

Man, it has so much and it is so different. I can't wait once we have some similar multiplayer for the PC version (SAMP) for GTA 5 like there is for GTA:SA

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I'll get this when it comes to PC. Looks fun.

Prosercunus said:

Hopefully switching between characters is more fun and less like a chore.

Nobina Nobina said:

Switching between characters like that reminds me of Driver San Francisco.

t3chn0vamp said:

Looks great, as always.

GhostRyder GhostRyder said:

This game looks so awesome, I'm dieing for this game!!!

Draconian said:

I think I'm the only gamer who isn't excited about the next GTA. :sigh:

You're not even excited about the golf and investing mini-games?

1 person liked this | MrAnderson said:

That is just so much to take in!

1 person liked this | H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Another one

That's not GTA ....

DanUK DanUK said:

I've never been much of a GTA fan but this does look pretty damn impressive.

1 person liked this | Nobina Nobina said:

Always loved GTA, still playing San Andreas occasionally, but if they're not gonna make it for PC, Rockstar can suck my balls.

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Have you tried SAMP? If not, I recommended to anyone and everyone

Nobina Nobina said:

Have you tried SAMP? If not, I recommended to anyone and everyone

Yeah, SAMP is what I played, that's what I meant Ofcourse, single player is also good, passed it dozens of times when game was released.