Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse wields 250 hours of battery life

By on August 27, 2013, 5:15 PM

Logitech on Tuesday introduced a new wireless gaming mouse that promises up to eight times more battery life than the average pointer. The G602 is said to be good for up to 250 continuous hours of hardcore gaming action according to a press release on the matter.

The G602 features two different modes: performance and endurance. The mouse realizes its 250 hour uptime guarantee in performance mode but when you aren’t playing a game, you can switch the setting to endurance and obtain up to 1,400 hours of uptime. It’s unclear exactly what the difference between the two modes are but I suspect endurance mode simply lowers the operating specs of the pointer.

While on the subject of power, the G602 is powered by two standard AA batteries or if you are looking to shave off some extra weight and / or adjust the balance, simply remove one battery and the mouse will still function as usual on a single power source.

Elsewhere, the G602 uses Delta Zero sensor technology with a 2500 DPI sensor on tap. There is also a 2.4GHz wireless connection with a two millisecond report rate and 11 programmable buttons. All of the primary buttons use mechanical micro switches that are rated for 20 million clicks while the low-friction polytetrafluoroethylene feet are tested to last 250 km.

The Logitech G602 will be available starting next month for $79.99 in the US and Europe, we’re told.

Now make it the same shape as the MX518/G400 and I'll consider it. :p

mrtraver said:

Hmm, I may see a replacement for my MX1100 that has been dropped a few too many times...

tipstir tipstir, TS Ambassador, said:

But can it work on any type of surface like bed sheets? Only the M705 can plus with 3 years life on 2x AA batteries! Got this in a 2x package deal with the Wave Pro Keyboards.

MilwaukeeMike said:

The first thing I think of when I see a wireless mouse is how heavy they can be. Kudos to Logitech for making this thing work on only one battery. And rechargeables weigh less than standard alkaline batteries.

I used to use a wireless mouse, but the weight got annoying.

tipstir tipstir, TS Ambassador, said:

I used to use a wireless mouse, but the weight got annoying.

I use SANYO eneloop rechargeable in my M705...

JC713 JC713 said:

I use SANYO eneloop rechargeable in my M705...

M705 buddies haha!

This mouse doesnt look the best, but it isnt the worst.

My rat 9 only has 8 hours lmao

GhostRyder GhostRyder said:

Im still running my wired Logitech G5 mouse, love it and since it still does all I want it to, I have no reason to replace it. I do have the newer Logitech G19 Keyboard to compliment it as well. If this mouse is even half as good as this Logitech G5 mouse has been to me, im grabbing one for my laptop because Logitech has made some fantastic products IMHO (Especially looking at the battery life).

Arris Arris said:

Hmm have to take batteries out to charge.... not sure I like that. Would have preferred a rechargeable solution. Will see what else they bring out with this new G6xx design.

Arris Arris said:

Looks better than the G700 but its specifications seem a little lower.

Satki said:

Now make it the same shape as the MX518/G400 and I'll consider it. :p

Why replace the MX518 at all? Had mine for about 7 years now, still works great with just the occasional clean (and a repaired usb cable). Great mouse.

Now make a left handed only model also and I will start buying Logitech Products. Until then I will never support Logitech.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I don't cart my PC around so a wireless mouse is of no use to me besides a mouse that's better than Roccat's Kone XTD or Kone pure has yet to be invented. and I've used a lot of the latest mice from all well known manufacturers but of course this is subjective. Not all tastes are the same.

SalaSSin said:

I like the look & the specs, but not good enough to get me to ditch my Razer Mamba :-)