Motorola's no-contract Moto G now available in the US starting at $179

By on November 26, 2013, 5:45 PM
t-mobile, snapdragon, motorola, cdma, att, us, 16gb, moto, 8gb, moto g

After being officially revealed earlier this month, the Moto G was primed by some to be one of the best value Android phones available. Now, Motorola has announced that Moto G will be available in the US just in time for the holidays, and has begun selling the device starting at $179 through its website.

Starting today, you can grab an unlocked entry level GSM 8GB for $179 or a 16GB for $199 on many US carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. Those on CDMA networks will have to wait until early next year, Motorola says that version is still scheduled for January.

While it may not be as powerful as comparable smartphones with its 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400, 1GB of RAM, and no LTE, at this price point and the generally positive reviews the device has received, its hard not to see some value here.

Orders on the unlocked, contract-free device are said to be shipping by December 2nd. At this point, the only color available is black, the other backs and covers are "coming soon" according to Motorola.

Moto G is also currently available in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Peru, UK, Germany, France, and Canada, a list that is expected to expand to more than 30 countries with 60 partners by sometime in early 2014, according to Motorola.

veLa veLa said:

It's the phone I'd get if I had to get a phone off contract.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

It's the phone I'd get if I had to get a phone off contract.

You have a contract phone? Man, you must enjoy being robbed.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

This is the blower I'd set my sights on if I hadn't already bought a new S4 Mini without contract. It will be a cold day in hell before I remotely considered signing any wireless carrier contract.

That is actually a very nice phone for the price! But I'm happy with my Nexus 5.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Yeah I was also seriously considering this phone but it's just too big for me.

veLa veLa said:

You have a contract phone? Man, you must enjoy being robbed.

What a clever guy; no, I actually don't pay for my own device or plan.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

What a clever guy; no, I actually don't pay for my own device or plan.

That's good then.