GeForce Experience can now stream gameplay directly to Twitch

By on December 18, 2013, 9:30 AM
nvidia, geforce, streaming, pc gaming, geforce experience, twitch, experience

If you're a PC gamer who likes to stream gameplay to the world, the latest update to Nvidia's GeForce Experience may tickle your fancy. Version 1.8.1 includes Twitch ShadowPlay streaming, allowing you to stream your gameplay without needing any additional hardware.

Nvidia claims the performance hit from streaming to Twitch using ShadowPlay should be minimal, as the GeForce GTX 600 and GTX 700 series graphics cards have an H.264 encoder built in. When streaming, your in-game framerate won't be capped either, so you should be able to play at the same performance level as if you weren't streaming.

All the previous ShadowPlay functionality is still there, including a 'Shadow Mode' which records up to the last 20 minutes of gameplay at the press of a button. Standard non-streaming recordings are made at a resolution of 1080p at up to 50 Mbps, although you do require a GTX 650 or higher to gain access to the feature (and the dedicated H.264 encoder on the graphics card).

ShadowPlay is still in beta, so there could be a few bugs and issues with the software at this stage. Future updates should see the ability to record your desktop using ShadowPlay, as well as enhanced microphone control.

EEatGDL said:

I don't know what about others' experience, but since the 1.8 version I can record in my native resolution and not the 1080p I don't have. It is getting pretty good, I'm more than satisfyed.

wastedkill said:

Using this on my 7950 is the best thing ever! Hope they don't fix it as I don't wanna shell out for a Nvidia card when my 7950 works just fine with it.

DanUK DanUK said:

I'd love to use this but I've "only" got a 580 so it won't let me

1 person liked this | GhostRyder GhostRyder said:

...What? That works on that?

2 people like this | cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

...What? That works on that?
I was hoping I wasn't the only one that had that question.

GhostRyder GhostRyder said:

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that had that question.

Well if it does work, I think when I get off work today im going to try it on my HD 6990 Quadfire Machine and see if it works. If so then im going to be a happy camper because now I dont have to use fraps anymore.

cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Does AMD's Gaming Evolved App have an equivalent feature to shadowplay?

[link]