Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion pack arrives on March 25 starting at $39.99

By on December 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
blizzard, gaming, world of warcraft, expansion, diablo iii, reaper of souls

Blizzard’s first expansion pack for Diablo III will be coming to digital download and retail on March 25. Gamers will be able to choose the Standard Edition priced at $39.99, the Digital Deluxe Edition which carries an MSRP of $59.99 or the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition at $79.99.

Reaper of Souls will deliver a number of new features including a new act that will take place in Westmarch, a new playable hero known as The Crusader, updated loot rewards, all-new class skills and abilities, replayable content in the form of Bounties and Nephalem Rifts, a new Adventure Mode and the new Mystic NPC who provides heroes with loot-customization options.

If that weren’t enough, the Digital Deluxe Edition adds a wealth of in-game bonuses such as exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes, a Spectral Hound minion that players can summon to keep their adventurers company, three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes, a World of Warcraft in-game companion pet known as the Treasure Goblin and a set of StarCraft II Crusader-themed Battle.net portraits and Malthael-themed decals.

Finally, the Collector’s Edition will include all of the bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition in addition to a full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set and a mouse pad bearing the image of Malthael, the Angel of Death. It’ll only be available through select retailers so you’ll need to keep an eye out for it as the launch date approaches early next year.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is available for pre-order as of writing.

1 person liked this | Guest said:

Stop feeding the greedy corporation!

Prosercunus said:

Passing on this unless I hear word of mouth that the game feels more like old style Diablo again.

davislane1 davislane1 said:

Stop feeding the greedy corporation!

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, any corporation that does not adequately serve my personal interests or is more successful than another business should have their profits confiscated. It's only fair!

If it feels more like old style Diablo, I might give it a go when the price comes down. As is, the price is about $20 too rich for my blood.

cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

We are talking about Apple and Microsoft, right?

1 person liked this | davislane1 davislane1 said:

Apple, Microsoft, Intel, AMD, Electronic Arts, Blizzard, Activision, GM, BMW group, Costco, Walmart, Boeing, Airbus, UPS, FedEx... Any corporation that doesn't adequately serve 100% of the population or generates whatever amount of income I feel is too much. Not only should their profits be confiscated, anything they do -- legal or otherwise -- that I do not like, they should be fined and imprisoned for.

1 person liked this | howzz1854 said:

What's included doesn't serve the price tag. call me old fashion but an extra Act and one new class, and NPC calls for $40?

I've recently started playing path of exile, and the depth of that game is like 10 times larger than what D3 offers. best of all, you don't need the auction house to beat the hardest part of the game.

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

That's a shit pricing model. Make it $29.99 and I might consider it.

Diablo 3 should have had a new name and an original storyline, since it clearly doesn't give Diablo 1 and 2 justice. If you're a true Diablo fan, Path of Exile is the true successor.

yukka, TechSpot Paladin, said:

That's a lot of money for an expansion pack. How much will it be in Xbox and ps3

1 person liked this | emmzo said:

So they wanted more money and added the RMAH. And any noob can get into a nice gear and they swallow a big slice of that. But guess what? The core players don't give a damn about the game anymore. And let's face it, the story was partly rehashed and weak overall, the farming gets more annoying than your average MMO, the mobs are ok, but you don't even really feel it's a challenge unless you turn hardcore mode, which is just a gimmick to feel you can lose so... why pay 40 bucks? Actually 40 euros, where I live, for some extra 2-3 hours of more of the same, now with an enhanced whatever, because they realize the AH must die if they want some juice for the long term. IMHO it's too late and too expansive.

For 39.99$? no. I will wait for blizzard october 2014 sale or december 2014 holidays sale and I'm looking for the price 19.99$ for the reaper pof souls expansion.

misor misor said:

If it's a 20$ marked down sale, I'm buying it once it becomes available. at 40$, NOOOOO!

insect said:

Guess I'm the only one here that thinks $40 for almost an entirely new game is worth it. Perhaps everyone here should read up on what is actually being offered in ROS.

I still like D3. Perfect, no, but better than most games for me? yes.