'Titanfall' beta registration is now live for PC and Xbox One

By on February 12, 2014, 7:00 PM
beta, gaming, ea, pc, xbox one, titanfall, mech

EA / Respawn Entertainment are now accepting beta registrations for Titanfall, the highly anticipated multiplayer-only mech game that’s already won more than 80 awards. Gamers can apply for an access code as of writing and best of all, you don’t need to pre-order the game to get in on the action.

EA revealed there will be three games modes included in the beta: Attrition, Hardpoint Domination and Last Titan Standing.

In Attrition, teams can secure the win by eliminating anyone or anything on the opposing side – pilots, titans and AI soldiers. In Hardpoint Domination, teams will need to capture and hold three hardpoints throughout the map to earn points and earn the victory. Last Titan Standing is a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. Respawns are disabled so once you lose your titan in a round, you’re out until the next match begins.

It’s worth pointing out that the beta is only open to Xbox One and PC gamers – sorry, Xbox 360 owners. And although you don’t need to pre-order the game to apply, you are required to subscribe to the Titanfall newsletter.

Furthermore, seating is limited which means registration does not guarantee access into the beta. The event kicks off on February 14 and if you haven’t received a notification from EA by the 17th, that means you didn’t make the cut.

Titanfall is set to arrive on March 11 for the Xbox One and PC (March 25 for Xbox 360 owners).

3 people like this | ikesmasher said:

Won awards when its not out yet

And this is whats wrong with gaming

3 people like this | ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

Won awards when its not out yet

And this is whats wrong with gaming

Probably the same "awards" that call of duty usually wins every year.

IKROWNI said:

The game runs at 792p on the xbone. How can this title get awards for bad textures, low resolution, no campaign so it didn't win for its storyline.

I do know if they gimp this game on pc to output the same level as the xbone I will be skipping it. I'm personally tired of games being trashed and held back from there true potential all because of the garbage consoles.

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

I'd rather go out on Valentine's day than to try this one. Looks like another COD

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

EA & multiplayer only eh? Thanks but I'll give this game a wide berth.

1 person liked this | wastedkill said:

So your gonna complain about a game thats not out and say your gonna skip it without even playing the beta... looks like your not actually into any games right now.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I don't play multiplayer/co-op/LAN games at all. I only play single player games so Titanfall wouldn't interest me in the least but if it did, the fact it's published by EA would make me steer clear of it anyway.

hahahanoobs hahahanoobs said:

EA & multiplayer only eh? Thanks but I'll give this game a wide berth.

EA is just the publisher this time, and Respawn talks highly of getting the game right the first time since this is their first.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

The dev's of the game aren't the problem, EA is. Somehow they'll stuff it up, all while making a buck. They're hugely talented at that.

JC713 JC713 said:

Yeah I am beginning to think that. That is why I want to play the beta. It may be COD-like, but it may be fun for all you know. We have to just wait and see. I gave up COD because it got real boring but this may be different. I am gonna give it a chance and maybe ya'll should too. Who cares if it is published by EA. I understand their issues, but as long as the actual developer is good, then the publisher means nothing.

hahahanoobs hahahanoobs said:

True.

wastedkill said:

Ye that but you gotta think it cant be anywhere near worse than ghosts... literally... 2 titans = 20fps...