Just a quick note...

By on December 15, 2003, 1:36 PM

StormBringer said:
me too, that wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. Didn't even ask for an email addy, or anything personal.
MrGaribaldi said:
Nodsu said:
Yup.. I aint filling that survey until it shows up in Opera.
---agissi--- said:
I filled it out some time ago when you first announced it.
poertner_1274 said:
Been ther done that :) I filled it out again here at work, for an extra reference.
Boogie said:
I was going to fill it out until it asked for income...then stopped. It wouldn't let ME fill out what I wanted you to know. Sorry
Nic said:
The link leads to a completely black screen. There is no text or graphics, just blackness and a url which shows some ad link.
SNGX1275 said:
Nic - Opera could be your problem.[quote][i]Originally posted by MrGaribaldi [/i]Would've been nice if it worked in Opera 7.21... All I get there is a black window....:(But at least it works with NetScape 7.1 :) [/quote]
StormBringer said:
You are correct Nic, I had to disable NPF completely to be able to see the survey. I probably should have mentioned that before.
Vehementi said:
I filled it out when I first saw it :)
SNGX1275 said:
I think I may have too, but I'm sure there is someone else on the boards that hasn't filled it out that has the same answers as me.
StormBringer said:
BTW, just tried that link in Firebird, works fine as long as NPF is disabled
Nic said:
olefarte said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by Nic [/i]Survey completed.I had to disable ZoneAlarm AND switch from Opera to IE in order to view the survey. That's pretty poor in this day and age, especially having to disable my firewall. [/quote] Same here, except I'm using MyIE2. After turning ZAP off to get to this page, I remember I filled it out on the first or second day it was posted.
tripleione said:
I just completed the survey myself.Would anyone mind me asking what this survey will benefit, if anything?
StormBringer said:
Maybe a marketing profile for TS users, in order to better serve ads? thats really all I can think of, from the info it asked for anyway, it was pretty non-specific stuff, similar to the questions on warrany registration cards.
poertner_1274 said:
Yes, it was ad-flow who was giving the survey. So I'm sure they are wanting to know what kinds of things users who visit the site are interested in for better advertisements. It is worth it.Just make sure everyone helps and actually views some of the ads every once in a while, they help keep TechSpot alive!!!