System Specs & Memory Performance
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (2.66GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz)
- Intel Pentium D 950 (3.40GHz)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro 32bit (SP2)
- ATI Catalyst (6.10)
- Intel System Drivers (7.2.2)
The memory performance of the QX6700 is much the same as that of the E6700. Both processors are operating at 2.66GHz using a 1066MHz quad-pumped FSB, so the similarities in memory performance are not all that surprising. In fact, all four configurations delivered similar memory performance and all four used the same DDR2-800 memory.
You should get used to this scenario where the Core 2 Extreme X6800 shows a slight performance edge because the tests take better advantage of higher clock frequencies than the extra cores.
Featured on Processors
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: