System Specs & Memory Performance
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (2.66GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz)
- Intel Pentium D 950 (3.40GHz)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro 32bit (SP2)
- ATI Catalyst (6.10)
- Intel System Drivers (7.2.2)
The memory performance of the QX6700 is much the same as that of the E6700. Both processors are operating at 2.66GHz using a 1066MHz quad-pumped FSB, so the similarities in memory performance are not all that surprising. In fact, all four configurations delivered similar memory performance and all four used the same DDR2-800 memory.
You should get used to this scenario where the Core 2 Extreme X6800 shows a slight performance edge because the tests take better advantage of higher clock frequencies than the extra cores.
Featured on Processors
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.