Benchmarks: System Specs & CINEBENCH R10
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz) LGA775
- AMD Phenom 9900 (2.60GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom 9700 (2.40GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom 9600 (2.30GHz) AM2+
- AMD Phenom 9500 (2.20GHz) AM2+
- AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ (2.60GHz) AM2
- x2 1024MB Corsair XMS PC2-6400 CAS4 Modules
- ASUS P5E3 Deluxe (Intel X38)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (169.28)
- Intel System Drivers (8.4.0)
The CINEBENCH multi-CPU rendering test shows a 27% increase in performance between the Phenom 9500 and 9900 processors in favor of the latter. The OpenGL rendering test also shows an 18% performance margin favoring the Phenom 9900 when compared to the 9500. Given that the Phenom 9900 is clocked exactly 18% higher than the 9500, this makes sense.
The CINEBENCH OpenGL test appears to favor processors with a higher clock frequency rather than multiple cores, as the 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo E8400 dominated this test with a 34% advantage over the Phenom 9900. However the multi-CPU rendering saw the E8400 lose to the Phenom 9900 by a 31% performance margin. In terms of multi-CPU rendering performance the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 sat between the Phenom 9700 and 9900 processors, meaning a 2.5GHz Phenom would match the 2.4GHz Q6600 in this test.
Featured on Processors
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.